Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How easy is it to remove the air con pump?

Asking for three reasons.

1. My aircon doesn't actually work. :eek:
2. My aircon switches itself on randomly. :mad:
3. Pump removal must be worth about 6bhp and a few mpg? :thumbs:

·
Registered
6,274 Posts
How easy is it to remove the air con pump?

Asking for three reasons.

1. My aircon doesn't actually work. :eek:
2. My aircon switches itself on randomly. :mad:
3. Pump removal must be worth about 6bhp and a few mpg? :thumbs:
It's not that hard but, environmentally, you should probably have it discharged professionally.

I'm not sure if it's worth it though. When it's not running, it free-wheels anyway.

Or you could leave the compressor on, and fit a non A/C aux belt...

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Cheers for the answer. In that case I'll leave it alone and just pull the fuse. Seems to switch itself on every five minutes.

·
Registered
3,801 Posts
I'm looking for a pump, bracket to hold said pump and the under bonnet pipes if you are looking to get shot.

Mines was half inched before I got the car, and I aint got round to it yet. Seen a couple on ebay but never got round to bidding.

·
Registered
6,274 Posts
I'm looking for a pump, bracket to hold said pump and the under bonnet pipes if you are looking to get shot.

Mines was half inched before I got the car, and I aint got round to it yet. Seen a couple on ebay but never got round to bidding.
I've got all that lot if you want it. How much of the pipework do you need? At least one pipe has a hole in it, probably the one that goes under the battery and across the bulkhead...

·
Registered
12,881 Posts
Why not just disconnect the power from the compressor, when it is disengaged it doesn't actually use any engine power ... (ok maybe 0.01 bhp)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts