Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

Yesterday the air con on my 159 started behaving strangely. I am familiar with how it's supposed to work in that when starting from cold it won't blow hard until the engine has warmed up and then it gives a blast to clear the screen before settling down.

It is still going through this routine but it is only blowing cold air. In fact because the air being blown is cold and the inside does not warm up it keeps on at full throttle because it clearly thinks it needs to blast out even more of what it thinks is warm air.

Has anyone seen this before and if so, know of a fix?

I have tried playing around with auto, full auto and so on but can't get any warm air come out.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Hi
I have a 156 and had the compleate air conditioning unit changed 3 times due to leakage of gas, however now when the weather is 7c or lower my injection light comes on and both fans are going full blast. I cannot understand why? I am told it does not do any harm but needs to be checked. Additionaly the temp guage does not move at all and heater does not work as well as it used to

·
Registered
967 Posts
It seems most likely that the valve that lets the hot water through to the air con is stuck. Worth checking your fluid level though.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts