Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My passenger footwell carpet gets soaking wet when I use the air con/heater. I have managed to trace it to some sort of leak behind the centre console, just above the footwell, under the dash (hope that makes sense). There is a sponge type thing that is soaked but I don't know what to do next.
Any ideas?
Thanks

·
Registered
30,067 Posts
it's a leak from the heater matrix tap, which is lucky as it's not apart of the aircon system.

tap itself is cheap and unfortunatly seems to be quite common prob

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks nineonesix. What would be my next step? Is it a take to the (private) garage job or a part order and replace myself?

·
Registered
17 Posts
I've got the same problem with my GT, but only seems to be an issue when using the aircon and not the heating, are you sure it's to do with the heater matrix Nineonesix? what part needs changing if it is, I'm pretty good with cars/diy so reckon I'd give it a go. Cheers!

·
Registered
726 Posts
It is the aircon drain tube which has blocked, your best bet would be to get the modified part fitted as I did on my 147 from the dealers, - I got mine done at Beechdale in Derby and it is now sorted!

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Mine used to only happen with the aircon, although this was earlier in the year when I didn't use the heating. Its only been this week that I have had the heating on and seem to be worse.
I did read on another thread that its a replacement part of about £15-£20 and small job involving 6 bolts. If anyone has any more info that could help guide how to replace the heater matrix that would be great. (I've a very mechanical savvy dad who i'll get involved if I can get some direction)

·
Registered
725 Posts
Can anyone positvely identify where the A/C drain tube exits under the car? I thought it was above the exhaust heat shield just in front of the gear lever mountings, but am not sure anymore.
Thanks,
Mark

·
Premium Member
1,992 Posts
Weird this thread just had to dry out an Audi A4 with the same trouble , blocked exit , took half a busket of water ot of this one!:wow:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts