Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any ideas how to replace the bulb behind the air con button? I haven't really investigated yet but thought i'd check on here before I try to prise anything off.

·
Registered
487 Posts
just been looking at this on my 156, not sure what your dash layout is but I found this link on how to get to the heater control panel on mine - same buld failed as the author of this had.

Fun starts @ 3000!

Trust Alfa to use a different bulb here than the restof the dash panel bulbs, so after dismantling I couldn't replace it anyway... grrr!!!!

Am considering LED's but they don't tend to throw enough light all around to work well, unless anyone knows better I'll try source the right bulbs and replace all 3 next time I feel inclined to strip it out again.

Dave

·
0 Posts
Any ideas how to replace the bulb behind the air con button? I haven't really investigated yet but thought i'd check on here before I try to prise anything off.

You sure it isn't just the aircon being disabled due to the low temperatures?

·
Registered
8,063 Posts
Am considering LED's but they don't tend to throw enough light all around to work well, unless anyone knows better I'll try source the right bulbs and replace all 3 next time I feel inclined to strip it out again.

Dave
I have done blue LEDs on mine :eek:

As you can see they are as bright as the normal green bulbs. I bought mine from this company as it was the only place I could find the correct 4mm bulb......£1.75 each

Heater control Air Con bulbs for Ford Probe, Toyota MR2, Subaru Impreza, Mitsubishi FTO and more...

Attachments

·
Registered
487 Posts
thanks for that Pascs, looks nice and not too bad a price either, probably will order a set of 3 and get it done once. The bulbs in mine are clear and to be honest, resoldering new bulbs on the carriers doesn't save much over the price for the LED option :)

Dave

1 - 5 of 5 Posts