Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an ***** GTV and the red air bag light has just come on dashborad, think it may have been when passenger seat was pushed back, does anyone know if it is easy to reset and where switch is under seat?

Thanks

·
Registered
'98 GTV V6
1,299 Posts
The only way to reset the airbag light is to get you hooked up to a diagnostic machine to clear the error code stored in the airbag ECU. Never adjust the seats with the ignition on, as the seatbelt pretensioner connections under the seat disconnects momentarily when moving the seat and the ECU senses that there is a fault and flashes up the airbag warning light. The airbag system continually monitors for faults when the ignition is on. Any indie garage should be able to do this for about £20.

·
Registered
221 Posts
Unfortunately you need someone with computer, software (i.e. Alfadiag, KWP71Diag, FiatECUScan) and modified KKL cable or just go to service. This is common fault of Gtv.
There is only one solution - remove cable's connector (yellow) which is under seat and solder wires.

·
Registered
471 Posts
Even if you solder the wires you will still need to get the airbag ECU reset to remove the warning light.

My local village garage had the software to do it as part of their general diagnostics SW, you don't even need an Alfa Indie never mind main dealer.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts