Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
837 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got in the car last night, started it up and noticed a light was staying on, it is the air bag light, not the passenger turned off one as i know what that looks like.

Switched car off and on again but it is still on and was on this morning!? Any idea's why or how to fix it?

·
Registered
122 Posts
Had the same problem - it was loose connection under passenger seat (for side curtain airbag).
You can not reset the error on your own - only dealer can do it.
You should check the error first, rapair the wiring and than delete the error.
I made that error - hooked it up, deleted error code and after a while it came up again - waste of money.:tut: :thumbs:

·
Registered
1,815 Posts
It's often just the connector under the passenger seat, as mentioned by brle. A lot of people tie-wrap the connector to keep it tight. Dealers in the UK charge £60 to switch off the dash light :rolleyes:

·
Registered
1,815 Posts
And I thought the Irish stealers were the only ones!!! God thats a rip-off!! :mad:
Yeah, it is. The dealer in Berlin re-set mine while I was watching. Took about 2 minutes and he did it without charge...:)

·
Registered
5 Posts
I had the same problem on my GT. Sidlow Gatwick (RIP) tried just taping the connector under the passenger seat but that only worked for a week or so. Had to have a repair done properly with a new cable. cost me £131.

On the other hand I would rather be sure that my wife's face made contact with an airbag rather than the dashboard in the event of a prang, wouldn't you?

·
Registered
10,915 Posts
On the other hand I would rather be sure that my wife's face made contact with an airbag rather than the dashboard in the event of a prang, wouldn't you?
Now thats a poll room question if ever I heard 1.:cheese: :cheese:
Pomeo

I suppose the outcome depends on Number of years married and Number of life insurance policies in effect and whether it cover facial reconstruction to whoever the most sought after woman in the world is....Gosh I hope PG disnae see this.

Pomeo

·
Registered
837 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I'll have a lok at the seats on the weekend me thinks, need to do the dog bone and drop links first. Then get the exhaust sorted out too!

·
Registered
7,032 Posts
pin3 of the OBD2 plug must communicate with pin7 (ECU) because the ECU is the master of the system (including airbag deployment)
The leads sold on Ebay do not have a pin3 allocated because it is forbidden for amateur use, airbag operation needs a special license
(explosives) Check a film on Youtube about the accidents that can happen when tinkering with airbags !!!

·
Registered
1,815 Posts
1 - 14 of 14 Posts