Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hoping someone can help!

I have a 2000 Alfa 156 2.4 JTD. My problem is with the dam centre panel Air bag light. The light comes on when the engine is switched on and goes off but..................stays dimly lit and only completely goes out when the ignition is switched off.

I have had the ECU scanned and there are no faults recorded. Anyone have any ideas??

thanks in advance

·
Registered
1,585 Posts
Is it possible to be the wrong airbag ecu? When I changed my GTV airbag ecu it was the wrong one and caused the light on the dash to be lit dimly.

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ill take a look at the ecu, someone else on another post suggested checking the connections at the footwell of the passengers side too?

cheers

·
Registered
1,271 Posts
I trust nobody has stuffed some electrical tape or similar down the airbag light tunnel behind the cluster face to hide that its always lit!

L

·
0 Posts
does it come on full strenght & then go dim? Never seen that issue before.

Most likely you wont fix it without getting error codes read.

·
Registered
7,032 Posts
sounds like someone masked the led with some tape and the airbag system is not armed .. i.e. not working

·
Registered
9,204 Posts
Won't be taped over if it shows brightly at the start then goes dim though ... it would be dim all the time ...

·
Registered
7,032 Posts
Won't be taped over if it shows brightly at the start then goes dim though ... it would be dim all the time ...
indeed ! never seen this error before...:(

but a read out with AD or FES would be nice !

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I have a fiatECUscan and its showing uip nothing. I have also checked for tape and ntohing. Bad earth? if so where would i look?

Cheers fellas

·
Registered
489 Posts
I have the same issue on a GTV I picked up yesterday.
Not started to check it out yet, but knows the previous owner tried new instrument cluster and a used Airbag ECU.
Did you manage to find the cause of your dim airbag light?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts