Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
681 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Just called AHM to book my car in for an s/c conversion to be told they no longer offer the service of race builds.

Need a new plan of someone who can offer the full service with a custom map for an s/c conversion.

Any ideas or recommendations ?

·
Registered
681 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Gonna have to be Gus mate...
If he was nearby I would not have thought twice mate. Looks like I will have to go back to my original plan and have sunnyside or poweritalia install and get Gus down to map it. Will just need to ask reddot if I can use their dyno for some runs.

·
Registered
3,118 Posts
I understand u wanting the car not too far away so u can check up with work in progress, one company I want to visit is njs pershore as its not that far from me and I know he races alfa, may take my car there for an oil change and check out their set up. Autolusso no doubt are more than capable of doing the job, don't know how far the journey is but u need to make sure it's done properly with all the research and work you've gone through. Plus they have an autodelta conversion which may be a bodge but a good working comparison to build on.

·
Vendor
45,791 Posts
Andy are you opening it up and lowering compression etc or just fitting it for now? I remember speaking to you about it before but I can't remember what you decided to do in the end.

·
Registered
725 Posts
Njs

I understand u wanting the car not too far away so u can check up with work in progress, one company I want to visit is njs pershore as its not that far from me and I know he races alfa, may take my car there for an oil change and check out their set up. Autolusso no doubt are more than capable of doing the job, don't know how far the journey is but u need to make sure it's done properly with all the research and work you've gone through. Plus they have an autodelta conversion which may be a bodge but a good working comparison to build on.
Just a big thumbs up for NJS from me. I'm in cardiff, so they are just up the road from me compared to Autolusso. Neil did a warranty job on my failed head gasket before Christmas. Valves ground at same time. New clutch and Q2 fitted and a new ARB. Car transformed. Two months on and running and handling sweetly.

·
Registered
681 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
my kit is developed properly and is ready to just be bolted on. I only want it mapped by AHM or Alfatune.
I know the boys at Evolve and they are good at what they do. If I wanted mycar maped by them or I had a BMW, I would have given them the whole job.

·
Registered
681 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Andy are you opening it up and lowering compression etc or just fitting it for now? I remember speaking to you about it before but I can't remember what you decided to do in the end.
If I decided to go higher boost I would have opened her up to lowered comp and forged internals and will also loose the air con for a twin charger setup but I dont think the gearbox would take it and would have had to go stand alone management. So its low boost but with all the trimmings for me.
I probably will open her up at a later date for head work and forged internals for the sake of it.
I think the boost im going for is the limit before i will need stand alone and uprate the whole fuel system.
oh and Dan im still waiting for a reply to my text from earlier:thumbs:

·
Registered
231 Posts
......one company I want to visit is njs pershore as its not that far from me and I know he races alfa
Neil Smith owns and races (very successfully too!) the ex-Tarquini WTCC Alfa 156.

You will not go wrong there and just up the road from me.

Also was the Integrale independent so knows his way round turbos

1 - 16 of 16 Posts