Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
trying to remove the door cards on my 3door 147, rear cards are done, all is left is front ones, i unscrewed the 4 screws at the base, got the 6 gromets out, took off the speaker bit and lifted the window part up, only thing left is the handle. dow does it come off?

i guess its something to do with the finger rest area, but it wont open!

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Any help on this would be great, as Id love to do it in the morning before I leave! Anyone?

·
AO Car Of The Year Winner 2015
3,202 Posts
There are two bolts holding the door handle.

First one is hidden under the oval plug on the top of door handle. Sometimes you can prise it out, sometimes not. If not, drill a small hole in it, screw in a screw and pull it out. You can get a new cover from dealer quite cheap.

Second is under the electric window switches. You have to prise them up, the complete box with the switches comes out, it is held by 2 clips. Than you can access the hex bolt.

·
Registered
2,913 Posts
There are two bolts holding the door handle.

First one is hidden under the oval plug on the top of door handle. Sometimes you can prise it out, sometimes not. If not, drill a small hole in it, screw in a screw and pull it out. You can get a new cover from dealer quite cheap.

Second is under the electric window switches. You have to prise them up, the complete box with the switches comes out, it is held by 2 clips. Than you can access the hex bolt.
the little rubber oval cover can be lifted up with a needle ...takes a few goes mind. I'm sure i phoned a dealer and they wanted £6 for a new one.

here's a how to guide:

http://www.alfaowner.com/Forum/motoring-images/72686-how-to-do-removing-door-cards-on-gt.html

1 - 4 of 4 Posts