Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
10,884 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Ok Ok

Years ago the AGM etc batteries were prohibitive in terms of cost SO this didnae enter the equation.

I ken ,I think, that ewe cannae stick an auld (or even brand noo) Lead acid accumulator (Ord Battery) .

I remember back to an MOT IIRC wan of Pomeos first when the tester stuck two clips onto the batter. Whats that for I asked (Ken , Curiosity killed ra cat) .To get the engine revs....Nooo Pea n Ham soup fray a chicken is dead easy to unnerstawn BUTT RPMs aff the 12 V battery to me wie my class of 1976 Electrical Engineering degree wiz pure witchcraft.

Now I am looking furra a battery fur the Vectra ,smaller than the van but the Vectra can take the van battery .So not knowing what is going in the next scrappage deal (I ken MAJOR CON) I wanna keep a universal battery.

Discover ;last night that the AGM etc battery is tons cheaper now than it used to be.
So I know an Ord battery is no use in a Start stop motor BUT is the converse true or not.

IE Can the Start stop battery be used in place of an ordinary battery with even better results after all it has to cope with a lot mair start stops. BUT is the charging system totally different and will the ordinary alternator jist COOK the AGM battery.

Anyone ony ideas or knowledge because I'm baffled. Exhausted even :rofl:Life is jist getting far too complicated.

But a good idea IF I'm keeping the weans IE Pomeo, Lucy ,Lacey n Tia.

Pomeo

·
Registered
916 Posts
lol - pea and ham fae a chicken noo that's clever - Baxter's soups

Sorry I cant add to the knowledge Pomeo but made me smile.

On a side - went to start the old girl today - as dead as nelson. It has been 3 weeks if not more since she was taken oot.

So on the charger now.....

1 - 2 of 2 Posts