Alfa Romeo Forum banner

41 - 60 of 123 Posts

·
Registered
1,946 Posts
I got my first 164 when I was 22, followed by a 164 QV at 25. I got my 166 Super when I was 29 and I'm now 30. Wouldn't settle for less (and it eats the hot hatch tossers for breakfast!).

·
Registered
82 Posts
1964 ( I was 3.? ) my first Alfa (Giulietta) followed by Giulia, Giulia GTA, Berlina 105, Alfetta 2L, Alfetta GTV 2L X 3, Alfa 6 (rare), GTV 6 Grand Prix ( still with me ), 164 lusso ( still with me ), 166 V6 24V (still with me ). Some other Alfas I forgot about. My age? Ahhhh... You can go as fast as you can, you'll never reach me...Alfas will not help you...I still like style, beautiful shapes ( including women ) and sport feeling. I usually am in a hurry. Cheers.

·
Registered
1,854 Posts
NO NO NO! You farm pigs! I have a mental image of you stepping outside your farm house with your wellys and barbour jacket on! :D
Sorry....it was an old joke from ages ago and stuck as my username
I've just tried this tool I'm a PhD student it says I can lower my perium by £100 a year if I say I'm a Clergyman :rolleyes:
close then...:lol:
ON the plus side once I'm a Doctor (by title) my insurace will go down by about 75% :cool:
thats cool...time to study for a Phd....:D

WHIT.....Burst Bubble here.:cheese:

Shugar I had the same image too..Brought back memories when I had to issue pig movement licences.:D :cheese:

Well If yeez are thay blody good how about hacking...sorry wrong word you can get deported and the jail for that...amending ;) the software so ALLL 166 owners ger FREE insurance and save us all time trawling these spyware compare sights that know when you last went to the toilet..
Gosh this thread is so revealing.

Nae pigs:cry: :cry: :cry: :thumbs:

Pomeo
again sorry to smash the dreams...maybe this should be renamed the "revelation" thread....;)

Trust me if i could hack to make free insurence i would do, and i'd get banking sites to work in reverse... :)

·
Registered
379 Posts
That is an interesting thread..Guess no women here,huh?
46 this year and still in fast bikes and cars...
Just got a Modena F1 last week to add to the 166..different car!!
1981-Alfasud 1.2 TI...MY 1976..my first car..
1989-Alfasud Sprint Quadrifoglio...MY 1984
1992-Alfa GTV 2.0.....MY 1985..

These are only the Alfa's and not counting 4 Lancias in the process...
Something about Italian cars ??????????

·
Registered
2,866 Posts
i bought my 166 a month after my 31st birthday, i sold the hot hatch(st170) id bought myself as a 30th birthday pressie to pay for it:rolleyes: but i fell in love with the 166 when i was 25 when a mate of mine had one as a hire car when the hire firm ran out of corsas, lucky bugger payed for a nasty red corsa but they didnt have any left so he ended up with a brand spanking 166 super with 1500 miles on the clock:eek:

·
Registered
10,884 Posts
The first 166 I saw was Pomeo and I bought her.Saw Lacey and couldn't bare the thought of someone writing her off so i BOUGHT HER 2.
So instead of save the planet or save the whale my sole pupose in life is save the 166

Pomeo

·
Registered
10,884 Posts
That is an interesting thread..Guess no women here,huh?
46 this year and still in fast bikes and cars...
Just got a Modena F1 last week to add to the 166..different car!!
1981-Alfasud 1.2 TI...MY 1976..my first car..
1989-Alfasud Sprint Quadrifoglio...MY 1984
1992-Alfa GTV 2.0.....MY 1985..

These are only the Alfa's and not counting 4 Lancias in the process...
Something about Italian cars ??????????
But some italain women Bella bella
Sophia Loren etc.
Pomeo

·
AO Member, 166/164 Lounge Winner 09
819 Posts
The first 166 I saw was Pomeo and I bought her.Saw Lacey and couldn't bare the thought of someone writing her off so i BOUGHT HER 2.
So instead of save the planet or save the whale my sole pupose in life is save the 166

Pomeo
:lol:

You rock, Pomeo.

·
Registered
48 Posts
I'm 51. Bought my first AlfaGiulietta when I was 26 and after a 33 1.7ie and a 155 2.5 ts Super (great car!).
Now I'm with 166 2.4 Mjet 20V by two years.

Surprised to find so young owners of 166 (in Italy mean age is sensible higher) but whatever the age the Alfista' spirit and heart will give an help to maintain you forever young.

·
Registered
10,884 Posts
:lol:

You rock, Pomeo.

Gosh thanks AGM :eek: And it was a advert on the internet and flew 1 way to Bradford to see pomeo.

I'm 51. Bought my first AlfaGiulietta when I was 26 and after a 33 1.7ie and a 155 2.5 ts Super (great car!).
Now I'm with 166 2.4 Mjet 20V by two years.

Surprised to find so young owners of 166 (in Italy mean age is sensible higher) but whatever the age the Alfista' spirit and heart will give an help to maintain you forever young.
Eloquently said ser nanni....:thumbs:

Pomeo

·
Registered
2,722 Posts
While we are baring our souls.....

49 years very old. Got the 166, only recently acquired. 155 V6 (had this for over 10 years), also have a Westfield Sei with a 2l Zetec motor and a Stratos replica with a 164 V6 motor in the fleet at the moment. Had various other cars of course, couple of 164 V6, Jeep Cherokee, Lancia Thema VIS, Lancia Thema 8V turbo, 2.8 Capri, Lancia Beta Coupe x 2, Lancia Monte Carlo, assorted Fiat 124 Sports, Fiat 850. Even had a Volvo for a few weeks once, and my very first car was a Ford Anglia.

Having the 166 & a Westfield must be the definition of the phrase 'sublime to the ridiculous'.

·
Registered
837 Posts
I'm 28 now had the 166 comming up to a year now and loved it! Before that I had a 154 12v clover leaf that sadly had bottem end failure after a new clutch was fitted, long story! Before that I have had several punto's, cinqs etc. so the italian spirit is alive in me, can't get enough of them, once you have had one you just can't stop!!

·
Registered
163 Posts
38 years, and still counting.....

Allt this nonsens about the 166 being a old mans car is just rubbish! :)

My wife tells me she thinks it looks more like a pimp ride.......so, enerytime a put my sunglasses on and go for a spin, I can´t help feeling slightly like a....well.....hmmmm....forget it!

:)
PS. Maybe a mafia boss?

·
Registered
28 Posts
At 19 bought my first car Alfa 33, then a 75 2.5 America, Then some other car, the again a 33 1.5i, then 164 QV 3.0v6, then a 33 1.7i, then some other cars an now finaly i have my dream car 166 3.0 Super from 1 year ago...My plans are to stay with this alfa for life if ther is gasoline or LPG wich i have..oh im 27 now...

·
Registered
7,115 Posts
48, but still drive too fast with the music too loud.....:lol:

got my first Alfa at 39 after a long line of Fiats them Lancias and had a Saab 9000 until the prices of the 166s came down to my level, now a Saab 9000 is a proper old mans car, which is unfortunate as they are great family cars, but now tend to be owned by older people with dogs.

On the insurance issue, in Sutton Coldfield (B'ham is uninsured capital of England) one speeding (backs up the above :D) and full no claims, £275 with Sainsburys if that helps anyone.

41 - 60 of 123 Posts