Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I'm looking into possible wheel options.

From the search use iv found the 17" tele's are et35 7.5J (current wheel) and the 18" jetfins are et38 8J (which I'm considering).

The after market wheels I'm considering are 18" staggered wheels with a et20 (rear 9.75J) & et30 (front 8.75J) offset/width.

With my current tele's il running 15mm spacers with in theory makes the offset et20.. Is this correct? If I chose the afermarkets I'd have to use wobble bolts as there PCD is 5x100.. Does anyone else use these wobble bolts? Are they 100% safe?

Cheers.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
These are the aftermarket wheels..

Attachments

·
Registered
3,118 Posts
Off the top if my head I would say those wheels would not be suitable as they would be way to wide. I'll try and get details of my 18 pro race which fit perfectly and if I remember correctly had a more aggressive offset that also would have worked. Wheel design also plays a role to make sure they clear the front calipers.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
There called- XXR 527

Thanks AYAT

·
Registered
13,815 Posts
that wheel looks insane, and will look good if it can be made to fit(spacers if caliper clearance is an issue, arch rolling) and also sit it on some coilovers.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yea there a pretty cool looking wheel, cheap too tbh. £550 for a set that size! Might just have to have 2 pairs of fronts if the 9.75's don't fit on the rear being too wide?

·
Registered
85 Posts
For comparison I have 18" Blackline alloys on mine which are ET35 8J. I'm running a 12mm spacer and the car runs low on KW V3's, I have no issues with rubbing at all. However did get the rear arches rolled in case I want a more aggressive offset wheel later, they did not rub before rolling though.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Yea my car is pretty low on my current KW's Tbf, rears rub when driving hard due to the spacers. I don't have spacers up front yet so don't know if they would rub, but my guess is they would.

Attachments

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Nope, I just have the v1's so only adjust the hight. So your running 12spacers all round? And with an offset of et35 which makes a total offset of et23 which doesn't rub?

See iv been offered a set of jetfins which are actually et32 which means my 15mm spacers would be no good to me.

If went with these aftermarket ones I'd just try get et30 ones and run 5mm spacers all round I think.

Btw, your GTA looks lovely on those wheels!

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Thanks,

I shouldn't really as you say nothing wrong with it as it is now. Save alot of hassle and money too! But I like my cars to be a little different & stand out. Plus the tele's could really do with a pro refurb tbh. Tyres are half worn.. So once I tott figures up it doesn't cost much more to have the 18"s & alot wider wheels.

Tbh I could prob get away with my current tyres on the 17" size version of these aftermarket wheels.

·
Registered
13,815 Posts
Your GTAs both look good!!!

Can't you test fit the wheels with various spacers to see various offsets???

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
In not sure mate, I have emailed a seller of the xxr's asking about fitment but no reply as yet..

·
Registered
2,654 Posts
Chasing perfection as many of us are in different ways... something about these cars makes you want to make them as special as possible.

·
Registered
3,118 Posts
My pro race 18s are 8.0 wide with et 30 and fit perfect with a some room to spare so slightly more aggressive offsett should be ok.

·
Registered
4,413 Posts
I'm doing something similar on my 156 gta..

bought an Et45 offset wheel and instead of using wobble bolts i'm having pcd altering spacers custom made which allow any 5 x 100 wheel to be fitted at a later date

1 - 20 of 23 Posts