Alfa Romeo Forum banner

Aftermarket Stereos

1K views 6 replies 5 participants last post by  shiny_car 
#1 ·
Is there any way to get my pioneer stereo to turn off when i remove the key from the ignition? even better if there is some kind of guide :)

#2 ·
What you need is an ignition live.

There will be a red and yellow wire in the back of the head unit.

Im going to presume they are either the wrong way round, or alfa's dont have an ignition live as standard.

If not use a multimeter and find a live feed that is only on when the ignition key is on. Then attach to the red wire, and permanent live to the yellow.

Sam.

#4 ·
if you've already swapped the red and yellow wires round it should be turning off with the ignition now.

as the radio presets were not storing it shows that you do have an ignition live, so why isnt it switching the stereo off now that the ignition and permanent lives are wired up correctly?

#5 ·
Hi

I had the same problem on my 2000 156 TS the problem is that the car has 2 perm live feeds and one switched feed. However this does not conform to the standard iso settings. Both the perm lives are where the single switched and perm live should be.

I had to mod the stereo side of ISO block and move the switched live cable to match with the alfa block side. I can't rember what the pin out was but I did find it by searching the forum. Swapping pin 3 and 7 rings a bell but have a search you will find it.

#7 ·
use a multimeter/lightpen just to be sure. as mcuss mentioned, there may/will be 2 'constant' wires and one 'switched' wire. just a matter of finding which is which, and connecting up appropriately.

:)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.