Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good evening,

I am new to the forum and I'm after some advise if possible. I have had a good old search on the forum for ages but have not found exactly what I'm looking for. I have read up on this but most threads were regarding faulty items and seats.

I have a 2001 GTV, after fitting an aftermarket steering wheel it would appear a resistor is required to cancel out the permanent airbag light. Would this resistor go into the yellow connector left unplugged in the steering column after original steering wheel has been removed?

Once the resistor is fitted would the car need to then have the ECU reset to remove the airbag light?

Many thanks for any help regarding this...

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
OK great, would make sense why after I plugged in the resistor the light hadn't gone out. Is the ECU reset something most garages are able to carry out or do I need to find an Alfa garage?

Thanks

·
Registered
1,164 Posts
Perhaps more economical to buy a cheap VAG COM KKL cable with adapter cables on eBay and use Multiecuscan or AlfaOBD to reset your airbagecu, then you have the ability to later diagnose the car's control systems if any problem arises.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks Paddy I will bear that in mind. I was just reading about Multiecuscan / AlfaOBD which would be something I will look into getting, thanks for the advise on how to solve this issue guys.

·
Registered
1,729 Posts
Mind you some of our airbags are getting on for 20 years old and I bet no one is rushing out to buy new ones if they are even available.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts