Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all fitted an aftermarket wheel to my gtv and am getting the following error in multiscanecu and cant clear it. I have also a pic of how i wired it to cancel out airbag light, does this look correct as it isnt working the resistor on end says 2 on it got it from demon tweeks.
Help much appreciated.

·
Registered
GTV, '96, 2.0V6 TB
119 Posts
That 'resistor' looks more like a fuse to me. And that would completely explain your error message.

Reactions: Leebluegtv

·
Registered
309 Posts
Find somebody to lend you a multimeter if you do not have one, and measure the resistance. From memory it should be 2 ohms, I stand to be corrected however.
A fuse is 0 ohms, and yes suppliers can make mistakes.

·
Registered
GTV, '96, 2.0V6 TB
119 Posts
Find somebody to lend you a multimeter if you do not have one, and measure the resistance. From memory it should be 2 ohms, I stand to be corrected however.
A fuse is 0 ohms, and yes suppliers can make mistakes.
Anywhere 2 ish. I have used 2.2 and 3.3 ohm with success.

·
Registered
622 Posts
that resistor looks very different to the one I got from deamon tweaks. mine was round, marked with its resistance and the whole thing covered in yellow shrink sleeving.

·
Registered
622 Posts
something like this:
ebay item number 261537593849

Attachments

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
that resistor looks very different to the one I got from deamon tweaks. mine was round, marked with its resistance and the whole thing covered in yellow shrink sleeving.
seems to me deamon tweaks have cocked my order up it was only cheap anyway had it ages no great loss. I ordered lots of different rated proper resistors of ebay anyway between 2.2ohm to 3.3 so should be ok.

·
Registered
242 Posts
All resistors should have coloured bands around them. The colour combination relates to the value of the resistor. That really does look more like a fuse to me. I'd spend a few pence and buy a proper resistor if I were you. I once used a 2.2 ohm resistor to keep the airbag system happy.

·
Registered
622 Posts
After it worked so well on my Nardi wheel in my GTV TS.
I used the same looking 2.2ohms yellow fellas on my airbag ECU reset rig and worked a treat so this all should get you sorted.

Reactions: Adrian_Bravo
1 - 12 of 12 Posts