Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thanks to those of you who helped with my radio code. It now seems that the radio has had it and needs to be replaced.
Can you suggest where I can source a suitable radio/cd player for a 1999 Spider

·
Registered
1,440 Posts
any single din radio would fit, i assume. be prepared, it is a pain, i had to unscrew the carpet in the footwells...

R

·
0 Posts
Any din sized radio will do, make sure it has an ISO connector block on it for a quick and easy fitment, and you will need a fascia adaptor which are about £5 or so on Ebay or double that from Halfords.
Links to adaptor
http://www.incarexpress.co.uk/view_product.php?partno=FP0902
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=260250636917
The original radio comes out removal keys that are a few quid at car accessory shops or Ebay
http://www.dynamicsounds.co.uk/universal-radio-removal-keys-pc583-p-2225.html

·
Registered
31 Posts
I would strongly recommend you get one which can take an SD card or has a usb port so that you can take all your music as mp3s on a single sd card or usb stick - saves space used to store cds and the hassle of changing cds (never do it when driving do we?). Bluetooth capability can allow you to use the radio as a hands free for your mobile phone.

·
Registered
77 Posts
hi mate, got a sony stereo that does mp3`s, can connect mp3 player etc. mp3 cd lasts 5 hours so plenty of tracks can fit. works with me phone quite nicely too. was £85 quid an took less than 10 mins to fit. only adapter needed was for the fascia, works ok with my phone too:)

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks mr impulsive, seems just what I need with no hassle. Do you have the Sony model number?
Des

·
Registered
77 Posts
hi des, the names jason by the way.
the model no is bt2600... it sits me fine, not into blowing the roof off so not got extra amps or anything, only aim i have is to change the speakers as they are not the best. dead easy to get phone to connect to bluetooth an the call quality is not bad either. just stereo alone is vast improvement on factory job:cool:

·
Registered
1,059 Posts
best to take advice from people using that model on here, as sometimes as mentioned in other threads.. the elec aeriel stops working. some say its to do with the current sent to the unit and some stereos run different. i have an alpine DEH-P55BT with ipod adapter box. its a great bit of kit and with the adapter i leave an ipod in the glovebox and have full control and its bluetooth but the downside is my aeriel now won't work!!

·
Registered
77 Posts
re the aerial an the sony i mentioned, did not need an adapter for it and it works fine, the stereo has a source button an aeriel only goes up when radio being used unlike the poxy original fit i had, which had a mind of its own( think it was possesed by my ex):lol:

·
Registered
139 Posts
I know this chat ended a while ago but I have installed a Pioneer DEH-X5500BT radio and my aerial doesn't go up since I installed it. Any ideas? Also the radio doesn't switch off them I turn the ignition off, is this an issue? Thanks for your help!

·
Registered
433 Posts
I have a Kenwwod unit with a USB input. get yourself a 32gb stick and you have as much music as you like. It's the way to go!
Atb,Alex

·
Premium Member
2,479 Posts
I know this chat ended a while ago but I have installed a Pioneer DEH-X5500BT radio and my aerial doesn't go up since I installed it. Any ideas? Also the radio doesn't switch off them I turn the ignition off, is this an issue? Thanks for your help!
Have you joined the two blue wires together? Should be one blue wire with a male or female connector coming out of the cars wiring loom and a matching blue wire coming from the connector block. I just installed a pioneer unit in mine and joining these two solved the aerial up/down issue - hope that helps, Tom

Oh, and radio turning off on ignition (or not) mine does the same, not found an answer to that one but not necessarily bothered either.

What I would really like to find a fix for is being able to NOT have the aerial up if I am listening to a cd or music through the aux in - seems pointless having the aerial up all the time and the added wind resistance is what I attribute the poor fuel consumption of my v6 to....

·
Registered
1,226 Posts
what do you think of thePioneer
was it easy to fit and would you recommend it
I'm wanting to change my tinny original CD
thanks

·
Registered
1,226 Posts
what do you think of thePioneer
was it easy to fit and would you recommend it
I'm wanting to change my tinny original CD
thanks

1 - 18 of 18 Posts