Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
308 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone,

Im about to put an amplifier in the car (boot, 147) to power my speakers and a sub. The (infinity amp 7541a) is pretty long, 38cm, so I was wondering where people positioned their amps? Anyone got pics? especially of ones inside a 147 boot. Im thinking of building a housing for it so I can position it sideways at the side of the boot, otherwise i would just sit it in the boot as tucked into the corner as posible.

Cheers

·
Registered
324 Posts
If you're only using one amp, chuck out the spare wheel and put it in the tyrewell. Get some "gunk" and a compressor instead of the spare.

If youre planning on using more than one amp you could try making a false backing for your rear seats. Your amps and wireing will then be accessible by folding down the rear seats, and your boot will look stock from the outside.

·
Registered
308 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Cheers Nitro, i will have a look at getting a 'punchure repair' kit and test out the tyre well method because its only one amp.
Otherwise im going to build an enclosure for it.

_Joel

·
Registered
324 Posts
A bit of inspiration for you from one of my experiments:

Started as a 50cm high by 60 cm wide piece of 16mm MDF, then cut the top corners to fit. Then made three 5cm risers to clear the mounting point of the sparewheel.

You might also look into replacing the stock boot floor with some MDF for the following reasons:
1. Stock bootfloor will collapse into the wheelwell if a load is placed on it.
2. You can make a plexi cover to show off your amp.

Also to prevent the floor collapsing, make some braces like this:

A

·
0 Posts
Hey Nitroguy, I see you have a towbar on your motor! Intentional?

·
Registered
308 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Cheers Nitroguy, I am going to start measuring out the boot and get some MDF and car carpet cover now! ..Draw up some plans too!

·
Registered
324 Posts
alfa1999 said:
Cheers Nitroguy, I am going to start measuring out the boot and get some MDF and car carpet cover now! ..Draw up some plans too!
One word of warning: Hold on to your wallet.... When the ICE bug bites, things have a way of turning into never ending projects. ;)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts