Alfa Romeo Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
592 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

Thinking about getting an aftermarket alarm installed, most likely a Toad Ai606 as I don't trust the Alfa one. Does anyone have one of these installed on their 156? If you installed it yourself did it cause many problems?

I'd probably have someone install it properly, but just want to make sure there aren't going to be any problems disconnecting the old one. From other threads it doesn't seem so!

James

·
Registered
556 Posts
Hi Fox Racer - ive just had this installed on my gtv but i got the interactive one which texts me when my alarm goes off and i can lock and unlock the doors if i leave my keys in the car and track it on the computer for £29 a year. I got a boot popper added also which seems to work well. The installers took out my old meta alarm at no extra cost and everything seems to work fine. The remote fobs look a bit cheap and im trying to get a different cover but its not easy. Just be aware not to take everything on the advert for granted, I found out to my cost that simple things which i thought came with the alarm was actually an extra. Having said that the alarm is great, seems very secure and iv had no problems with it apart from me trying to understand the instructions :lol:

·
Registered
30,126 Posts
Alfa's are not really top of the thieves list. Personally, unless you have a GTA I wouldn't bother as the CODE system is very good.

·
Registered
592 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well its not a gta, but it does look sporty...and I live in a bit of a chavvy area. Its ok now because I park in a gated private car park, but soon I might move and have to park on the street :(

·
Registered
556 Posts
I have to park on the street and the meta alarm i have, i can not get a new fob for it - couldnt risk it breaking. So I had to get a new alarm and i preferred to get a good one - no point in taking risks but i do agree in York they mostly take fiestas or cars like that

1 - 5 of 5 Posts