Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
P

·
0 Posts
what you need to know is the offset, or the "ET" number, usually found on the inside of the wheel.

15" is fine, so is 8j wide, but only if the offset is right.

is your 33 a series 3?

shrew

P

·
0 Posts
not sure about a lot of trouble steffen.

i dont have too much issue with 17 x 8's, so 15 x 8 should only be easier,

dependent on the ET of course?

shrew

P

·
0 Posts
et 25 is good for the back of 33's, kicks them out enough to stop them rubbing on the lower suspension arms, but the same et up front would probably put an 8j wheel and tyre pretty close to the wheel arch lip.

i use et 35/38 somewhere round there, with a 10mm spacer on back to clear the arms but as they come up front to get me well in the arch, and thats with 17 x 8j, on a series 3, 33, sat on Koni's with 30/35mm drop springs.

there is always a way round it if you're willing to find it and go through with it, rolled or even flared arches, hubcentric spacers, etc etc,

if the wheels are worth it, just do it, and these look great, so i wouldn't be put off by a little thing like arch rub.

my advice, once you know what offset is available, is get the wheels in an et that works easily with the front set up as standard as possible, worry about the backs secondary, as that end is much much easier to modify to cope.

shrew

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
hi guys thanks allot fot the replys as i aint good with tyres and the maths behind it ...mine a 33 s2 1988

P

·
0 Posts
cool

any idea what et offset the wheels you're looking at will be, or what the options are?

shrew

P

·
0 Posts
you should perhaps ask the seller what that is, as it will be pretty important as to how easy or difficult it might be to use them.

i only just noticed though, the 15 x 8's are just a pair, not a set aren't they?

to get four wheels, the seller also has a pair of rears in 15 x 10,

and at 10j, things are going to get tricky, not impossible, but tricky, particularly if you take a gamble on the et offset

i'd ask to be sure mate, could be an expensive mistake otherwise, but on the plus side, GORGEOUS!

they will look the mutts nutts mate.

what size rubber were you thinking of? a good euro style stretch will certainly help get them inside the arches, and look awesome, so long as car sits down low enough on that sort of tyre set up, otherwise it can look silly

shrew

1 - 11 of 11 Posts