Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
308 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Having took my new machine (888dee's 146ti yesterday) I'm running the engine in, now Iv'e still got roughly 400ish mile's left to go (that's if it's still supposidly 500mile's).

Now the thing is do I just (after this period) use a good semi/full oil or M1, or is this M1 thing just hype, opinion's please.

·
Registered
6,920 Posts
Selinia is the make, you buy it from the dealer stealers.

Mobile 1 is great oil, although very thin, my last experience of it was in a 164 3.0 with 100K miles and it burnt off quicker than I could put it in, but this is a completely different situation seeing as your engine is completely re-conned, should be ok :D

·
Registered
308 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
You think M1 then, I know it's expensive but is it worth it, obviously I'd need to use a flush with the stuff that's in just now.

·
Banned
1,895 Posts
Mobil 1 15-50 fully synthetic oil in my car.My mechanic swears by it.I trust him aswell. ;)

·
Registered
8,786 Posts
It depends a bit on the oil temperature your engine is running at. If it's running at about 90c I'd use a 10w-40 oil, but if only 80ish, I'd go for a full synth 5w-40. If lower, you can use 0w40 also.

All engines are designed for a specific oil thickness, but that ofcourse depends on the temp of the oil. For the temp/oil combinations I mentioned, the thickness is about the same.

10w-40 will rarely be fully synthetic, it's worth looking into this as fully synthetic oils are far superior.

For my car I use Shell Helix Ultra 5w-40 since it usually runs 75-85c on the oil temp gauge, and since they are widely available here.

Cuore_sportivo_155

·
Registered
13,248 Posts
For UK, 10W40 is the recommended oil for a 2.0ltr Twin-Spark. Mobil comes in a very light weight (0W30 I think) and if that's the one you have in mind, it may be too thin.

Run the beast in carefully then use a good semi-synthetic 10W40 (Selenia has been mentioned). It's better to change the oil more frequently than to use a more expensive synthetic oil.

Ralf S.

·
Registered
Giulietta QV
125 Posts
I'd stick with Selenia 10W40, it's the recommended stuff so you can't go wrong-even though it means giving hard earned cash to a stealer. Good to see Alfadublin still knockin' around... ;)

·
Banned
1,895 Posts
krusty said:
I'd stick with Selenia 10W40, it's the recommended stuff so you can't go wrong-even though it means giving hard earned cash to a stealer. Good to see Alfadublin still knockin' around... ;)
Yeah Im still here,pi55ing people off. :lol:

I still have that audio boot install here for the 147 if you are interested?I built it myself and its a perfect factory style fit too.800 watt 4 channel Amp,12 inch 300 watt sub,DVD player and the housings and false floor for the sub,DVD player and amp,also the custom leather parcel shelf and 6x9 inch speakers.

It would look/sound well in your car too. ;)I will let the whole lot go for 300 euro.

·
Registered
6,920 Posts
Alfadublin said:
Yeah Im still here,pi55ing people off. :lol:

I still have that audio boot install here for the 147 if you are interested?I built it myself and its a perfect factory style fit too.800 watt 4 channel Amp,12 inch 300 watt sub,DVD player and the housings and false floor for the sub,DVD player and amp,also the custom leather parcel shelf and 6x9 inch speakers.

It would look/sound well in your car too. ;)I will let the whole lot go for 300 euro.
Jebus! thats one hell of a deal, I just bought a new amp and sub for £170 on Saturday :eek: :rant: ;)

·
Banned
1,895 Posts
AlfaJack said:
Jebus! thats one hell of a deal, I just bought a new amp and sub for £170 on Saturday :eek: :rant: ;)
Your telling me thats one hell of a deal.

Bit too cheap the more I think about it but I will stick by what I said/typed. ;)

·
Banned
1,895 Posts
AlfaJack said:
what sort of DVD system is it? is it a HU DVD with smart pop out screen? :cool: I doubt it at that price ;)
Centurion Din sized DVD player and 2 DVD/TV screens built into the driver and passenger sunvisors.Sound from the cars audio speakers and sub.

·
Registered
Giulietta QV
125 Posts
**** it, next few hundred yoyo's will be going on a remap. 147 boot's already fairly tight without amp/more audio, cheers anyway ;)

·
Banned
1,895 Posts
krusty said:
**** it, next few hundred yoyo's will be going on a remap. 147 boot's already fairly tight without amp/more audio, cheers anyway ;)

No problems. ;)

·
Registered
308 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Radio's n amp's now eh..... :rolleyes: ...

I tex'd dee today and asked him what was in it and he said 10/40 semi, didnt say a make so I dont know.

·
Banned
1,895 Posts
Straight6 said:
Radio's n amp's now eh..... :rolleyes: ...

I tex'd dee today and asked him what was in it and he said 10/40 semi, didnt say a make so I dont know.
Whats with the :rolleyes: ?.A fellow Dubliner said that he was glad to see me still here so I asked that fellow Dubliner a question.He answered me back and another member asked me what type of DVD player it was.I simply replied back to that member.No need for the :rolleyes: Straight6 OK.Thanks ;) End of dvd talk.Bye.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts