Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Administrator
23,049 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well we had a great day so thanks to everyone who came - it was good to see you all.

I am writing this in a layby off the A14 - waiting for an AA towtruck to take me 80 miles back to Ipswich - broken throttle linkeage- grr. I have just received a text saying that they will be here by 20.00 and it is now 18.45.

So - no photos from me tonight then.

·
Registered
1,711 Posts
Well we had a great day so thanks to everyone who came - it was good to see you all.

I am writing this in a layby off the A14 - waiting for an AA towtruck to take me 80 miles back to Ipswich - broken throttle linkeage- grr. I have just received a text saying that they will be here by 20.00 and it is now 18.45.

So - no photos from me tonight then.
Hi Paul :)
Glad you all had a great time.. So sorry I missed it.. :cry:
Hope you get home soon, and sorry to hear about the car :(
Looking forward to those pic's :D

·
Registered
17,177 Posts
Hi Paul
Sorry to hear that. You must have been pressing the pedal too hard! It was a pleasure to meet you today. Hope you get home soon and the car doesn't take much mending. The throttle cable once "fell off" one of our 145QVs - it took some rummaging about in the footwell but it went back on again.
All the best
Rick

·
Registered
146 Posts
sorry to here that paul.hope alls ok. it was a great day and i really enjoyed it and meeting new faces. all in all a cracking day:thumbs: thanks for the invite

·
Registered
913 Posts
What they all said! Great day and nice to meet everyone and their cars. I am very pink though.........

Good news is: my front plate was waiting for me at the car wash when I got back to Worcester.

Bad news is: I did have to stop and have a little chat with a nice man in a shiny black Volvo estate on the hard shoulder of the M5.:cry:

·
Registered
268 Posts
Paul and Aubrey, thats really cruel guys, especially after such a fine day at the races. Really enjoyed everyone's company and was well impressed with the venue and the racing.
Aubrey hope it was only a telling off from the man in the Volvo.

·
Registered
268 Posts
Erm, no.

But he really liked my car and I think I got away pretty lightly, all things considered.
Not so good. Know what it's like though. Had exactly the same problem on the M11 last July. Glad you got away reasonably lightly anyway.

·
Administrator
23,049 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Back home - all good. Car outside Avanti (out local indie) for them to look at tomorrow - LizR there to meet me with suitably sympathetic expression (and working Alfa).

Thanks again everyone - I really enjoyed today - those photos will be posted asap.

Paul.

·
Registered
46,602 Posts
Sorry to hear that Paul, when i phoned you I really couldnt hear anything my signal was rubbish. I thought you said everything was ok :cry: :cry: :cry:

·
Administrator
23,049 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Sorry to hear that Paul, when i phoned you I really couldnt hear anything my signal was rubbish. I thought you said everything was ok :cry: :cry: :cry:
No worries - the signal was awful (thanks for 'phoning btw).

I meant I was OK - the car problem was minor but did mean I needed trailering.

Paul.

·
Registered
1,310 Posts
Sorry to hear about your woes Paul and Aubrey. So you were right Paul - you didn't catch me up !

Good to meet you all - great day.
Nick

1 - 15 of 15 Posts