Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,916 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone ordered an aftermarket carbon spoiler recently and if so, how are you getting on with delivery status.

Had to cancel one order last month after three weeks the seller advised it would be at least 6 weeks for delivery. Ordered another last week from a seller stating they would dispatch within 24hrs of payment, again, waiting for an update after 6 days but can see where this one is heading. Don’t need it until May so I can wait but getting the feeling there aren’t many out there.

·
Registered
3,128 Posts
Mine came from China in about a week.. But it was stopped at the post office untill I paid a £23 fee, £11 vat and £12 collection charge.. The cost of the spoiler was £100 but luckily they had only put a value of I think £35 on the customs declaration.

·
Registered
1,916 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Funny enough Matt VR London is where I have recently ordered from but yet to hear anything back from them, sent them a mail today to chase them up so hopefully will hear something from them soon.

What was the quality like Jon from the Chinese manufactured spoiler? I’ve read that they’re pretty good.

·
Registered
3,128 Posts
Yes no complaints, it fits perfectly and no blemishes in the carbon or clear coat, I had a close look as I was a bit sceptical that it was actually carbon and not printed plastic but I'm pretty sure it is. Time will tell if it fades etc but I would expect the spoilers on sale from uk based sellers are probably made in the same place.
I saw a video on fitting it on you tube where you just peel off the very start of the tape backing, then tape the spoiler in place with masking tape and then pull away the tape backing from underneath so the spoiler doesnt move.

·
Registered
179 Posts
Funny enough Matt VR London is where I have recently ordered from but yet to hear anything back from them, sent them a mail today to chase them up so hopefully will hear something from them soon.

What was the quality like Jon from the Chinese manufactured spoiler? I’ve read that they’re pretty good.
I got it from VR about 1 year ago. They also responded quickly (same day) via ebay messages as i was asking them about included tape. Included tape was not 3M so i bought 3M tape. I suggest you also buy "3M tape adhesion promoter" to ensure best surface for the tape. I didnt use promoter, just cleaned the surface with soap and then with diluted isopropyl Alcohol.

Spoiler is not exactly the same as original, its a little more "fat" on the edges. Its great for the price considering original costs about 5 times more. It doesnt look off or weird.

·
Registered
830 Posts

I purchased mine from VR and it was on my doorstep the day after I placed the order.
Looks like supply might be drying up due to demand.

·
Registered
830 Posts
I got it from VR about 1 year ago. They also responded quickly (same day) via ebay messages as i was asking them about included tape. Included tape was not 3M so i bought 3M tape. I suggest you also buy "3M tape adhesion promoter" to ensure best surface for the tape. I didnt use promoter, just cleaned the surface with soap and then with diluted isopropyl Alcohol.
I just used the tape that came with mine and it's still rock solid nine months later.

·
Registered
1,916 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Well, received an email today from VR London, they said they spotted a defect on the spoiler just before dispatch and so they are going to wait until Wednesday this week when they will receive the next batch from China. Sounds like they never had one to ship in the first place, I need to learn to be patient I think 🤔

·
Registered
211 Posts
Bought mine from EPR International from China at £189 plus tax on arrival at £26. Yes it cost more but is genuinely Carbon Fibre and superbly made. I know I paid a lot more than other ones advertised but the quality is second to none. Purchased from Amazon so to get a piece of mind in case it was not what I expected. Amazon will take it back without any issues. eBay maybe not.
The spoiler has 2 small holes drilled at the bottom of it not sure why but have seen one advertised with the small holes to allow for water dispersion.
Just waiting for my car to arrive and I will fit it and put up some photos.
The spoiler arrived in about 2 weeks.

·
Registered
969 Posts
Bought mine from EPR International from China at £189 plus tax on arrival at £26. Yes it cost more but is genuinely Carbon Fibre and superbly made. I know I paid a lot more than other ones advertised but the quality is second to none. Purchased from Amazon so to get a piece of mind in case it was not what I expected. Amazon will take it back without any issues. eBay maybe not.
The spoiler has 2 small holes drilled at the bottom of it not sure why but have seen one advertised with the small holes to allow for water dispersion.
Just waiting for my car to arrive and I will fit it and put up some photos.
The spoiler arrived in about 2 weeks.
Do you have a link to it per chance? I can only find 2 through Amazon but doesn't specify EPR International as the seller. Cheers.
https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B07H2B4GBH/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_v53SCb6XH2DXT
https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B076CR5D7V/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_s83SCbT9A5Y4E

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
830 Posts

·
Registered
830 Posts
Ha. Which spoiler did you go for with yours?

Mine was from VR London, or something similar. Cost £190 but I'm a little disappointed as a small area of 'bubbling' has appeared at one end. Not too noticeable but i know it's there.

·
Registered
969 Posts
Mine was from VR London, or something similar. Cost £190 but I'm a little disappointed as a small area of 'bubbling' has appeared at one end. Not too noticeable but i know it's there.
May avoid that one then

1 - 16 of 16 Posts