Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi fellow Alfa Motor owners and drivers.
I am a long-time admirer of the Alfa Romeo brand and whilst I have never been able to bring myself to invest in a modern one I have now been the proud owner of PYY 7K - Aug 1971 Spider Veloce 1750, (off- white and a little battered, but pretty sound) for 10 years. I have spent very little on the car apart from a couple of years ago when I decided to make sure the car was a lot more mechancially sound and now it certainly is. Installing electronic ignition is probably the best thing I decided to do.
I have a little more time on my hands and have decided that this car deserves driving more but the one thing I have not done which would really help make it more enjoyable is to change the seat covers to cloth/velour or whatever.
Has anybody ever done this I wonder? Or know of a company who will do it for me.

M

·
0 Posts
welcome to AO PPYKDRIVER....

have you got any pics ?

hopefully someone will be along in a mo to help you out with your query...

all the best dude

mike

·
Registered
17,177 Posts
If you look in your Yellow Pages you will find Car Trimmers or Upholsterers. Most big towns have got them! Usually you just take your seats to them and tell them what you want. Some have room to take the whole car if that's easier. Just one thing though. I'm certainly not a stickler for originality but cloth seats will look very odd in a 1971 Spider, and are going to be a nightmare when you get them wet....
:eek:

·
Registered
16,710 Posts
Hi, welcome - what are the covers on the seat made from at the moment?

·
Registered
43,564 Posts
Hello and Welcome !! :)

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks for the welcomes and advice guys - I'll check out the local upholsterers - and I reckon Black cloth seats instead of Black plastic would look OK - can't look any worse than sitting on a towel! Pics to follow. Any recommendations on the best new soft top to fit?

·
Registered
11,591 Posts
Something else to consider is reupholster the section you sit on with fabric. The rest of the seat could be redone in leather or PVC coated fabric. Certainly fabric is nicer to sit on than leather or PVC coated fabric (NB Leather being not much better then PVC coated fabric once it has a sealing lacquer on it). This technique was often used ex factory in cars of that vintage.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts