Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Do most people find AF cheaper for insuring their alfas?
Just got a quote and wasnt too impressive compared to others I've had - 470 for my 2.0l TS 156, 4 years NCB, clean licence now (3 points June 2004)
Any other ideas where to look?

·
AO Traders
592 Posts
Do most people find AF cheaper for insuring their alfas?
Just got a quote and wasnt too impressive compared to others I've had - 470 for my 2.0l TS 156, 4 years NCB, clean licence now (3 points June 2004)
Any other ideas where to look?
Morning

If you would like me to get someone to look into this for you, just pm me your full name, postcode and contact telephone number, and i can arrange a call back for you.

Regards
Dan

·
Administrator
45,761 Posts
Every insurer has a particular demographic at a particular time which they are focussed on. And equally, every insurer has demographic they're not really interested in increasing their market share in, so quote high for people within it.

As a broker, AF will have multiple insurers to try to combat that issue - but they're never going to manage to be the cheapest for every person who rings them. Your experience of them being expensive is relatively meaningless to anyone who isn't in exactly the same situation as you as regards age, driving history, car, area and god knows what else too.

My advice - give them a try every time you need to renew. If they're good, you're laughing, if they're not on that occasion, you've lost nothing.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts