Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi AO :) I've received my papers but Adrian Flux are stating that I need proof of club membership - do you now what I have to provide them with?

Thanks in advance

Danny

·
Registered
1,385 Posts
Danny,

I may as well answer as i've had this before :) Before this system was put in place I used AO as a "club membership" and the nice young lady who processed my application said quite simply, forum address, username and password. When I enquired why the password she simply said it was just for the file and since then I've had no bother ;)

Probably best to ring up and give the details then they'll just remove the requirement from their system, plus it may have changed!

Hope that helps :D

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ok, thanks for the advice - I also hvae to dig out my counterpart driving license which could be absolutely anywhere! :( One down, one to go...

·
Administrator
Tesla Model S
8,046 Posts
Hi All,

Thanks for letting me know this. I will write to them to explain that we shouldnt require passwords from members. Your password will only be asked by AO Admins occasionally and even that is rare. (Specific account problems etc...)

Regards,

AO

·
Registered
1,385 Posts
No worries, i'll stress though this was before the AO affiliation so things are probably different now ;)

·
Registered
164 Posts
Hi All,

Thanks for letting me know this. I will write to them to explain that we shouldnt require passwords from members. Your password will only be asked by AO Admins occasionally and even that is rare. (Specific account problems etc...)

Regards,

AO
AO, it says they require a membership card or a membership number. Any ideas what we should provide?

·
Registered
25,673 Posts
AO, it says they require a membership card or a membership number. Any ideas what we should provide?
Would your membership number be your forum name?

·
Registered
6,287 Posts
BigFoot,

I was going to suggest that last night, but after taking a quick look at things, I realized that the member numbers seem to have vanished. I guess it happened during one of the last few revamps. The numbers are no longer under the public profile, and I don't even see mine under my user profile.

If I may be so bold, I think the easiest way to deal with this (at least until the numbers are back up) is to suggest that applicants send the insurance company a confirmation PM, something to the tone of:

Hi, I'm John Smith from London. I was speaking with your representative Chris yesterday about insuring my 156 with you. I told you my AO user name was Skippy156147. Here is my PM confirming that I am indeed John Smith and Skippy156147.

Hope the suggestion is helpful. :)
--Toronto

·
Administrator
Tesla Model S
8,046 Posts
Considering we have not issued any membership details or numbers to AF, I dont know why they are asking for this, AO16235 will work for you and anyone else that wishes to take out insurance under the alfaowner umbrella :) Any more issues, please PM me directly.

Also, Dan from Adrian Flux, please could you confirm that other members will not have any more problems regarding membership proof.

Many thanks

Ian

·
AO Traders
593 Posts
Considering we have not issued any membership details or numbers to AF, I dont know why they are asking for this, AO16235 will work for you and anyone else that wishes to take out insurance under the alfaowner umbrella :) Any more issues, please PM me directly.

Also, Dan from Adrian Flux, please could you confirm that other members will not have any more problems regarding membership proof.

Many thanks

Ian
I have spoken with our departments regarding membership proof, I have stated that we should not be asking for passwords etc.
An e-mail on headed paper from the site administrator stating membership will be more than adequate.

Many Thanks

Dan Clarke at Adran Flux

·
Registered
19 Posts
Just in reponse, if the proof of membership is in letter form it needs to be on headed paper and if this comes as an e-mail it needs to state the oc logo.

Thanks
So to confirm, you expect an email from the site admins rather than just a site address and forum name?

·
Registered
164 Posts
Just in reponse, if the proof of membership is in letter form it needs to be on headed paper and if this comes as an e-mail it needs to state the oc logo.

Thanks
Hi Dan,

How are we meant to get this headed paper letter/email? :confused:

·
Administrator
Tesla Model S
8,046 Posts
I have spoken with our departments regarding membership proof, I have stated that we should not be asking for passwords etc.
An e-mail on headed paper from the site administrator stating membership will be more than adequate.

Many Thanks

Dan Clarke at Adran Flux
Dan,

This is not possible, I have too much to do as it is, I suggest they send a PM to you with the quote number, that way you know they are real. However, why the sudden change of system? Other sign ups never had to do this before now! I am happy for you to accept without proof, this way you do not loose a sale & its win win for our member.

AO

·
AO Traders
593 Posts
Dan,

This is not possible, I have too much to do as it is, I suggest they send a PM to you with the quote number, that way you know they are real. However, why the sudden change of system? Other sign ups never had to do this before now! I am happy for you to accept without proof, this way you do not loose a sale & its win win for our member.

AO

Hello

After discussion, we have decided that sending me a pm with your membership details will be fine to keep on our records. Regarding the change of system, sorry we thought this would work easier. Hope this clears things up.

Thanks

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Dan: when trying to PM you I get the following error

Error: It seem that Dan Clark has disabled the use of AO Pager

1 - 20 of 25 Posts