Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Some drunken bum stole the Spider's aerial last night. :mad: :mad: :mad:

How pointless was that? Chances of them having a Spider to put it on - virtually nil. :mad: :mad: :mad:

I would have posted this in the Rant room except - incredibly enough - I found out who it was, went to his door this afternoon and, meek as a lamb, he apologised profusely and offered to replace it.

He was probably terrified I'd tell his Mum. :lol: :lol: :lol:

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I hope he learned his lesson.
Almost no chance of that, sadly. He's a nice lad sober, but a bit of a Jekyll and Hyde transformation goes on when he's had a few.

I may ask him to tell me when he's next going on the sauce so I can park in the next street. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
867 Posts
My 1st 156 was like that. I bought a stainless steel ariel from the POUNDSHOP and it got pinched the same day. So i bought another one and that got pinched too.

I ended up putting the broken plastic one bak on because no-one wanted that one!

My current 156 has no roof ariel. Goodness knows where it actually is!

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
How'd you find out? :thumbs:
My neighbour and her son saw him. She wasn't going to say as she "didn't want to get involved" :rolleyes: but luckily her son is a big fan of my car and told me anyway.

I probably shouldn't have encouraged him to say, when his mum had told him not to. I do feel a bit bad about that. But only a bit.

As it turned out I didn't have to say who saw the culprit do it. He just assumed I'd seen him myself.

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
My 1st 156 was like that. I bought a stainless steel ariel from the POUNDSHOP and it got pinched the same day. So i bought another one and that got pinched too.

I ended up putting the broken plastic one bak on because no-one wanted that one!

My current 156 has no roof ariel. Goodness knows where it actually is!
There's a lot to be said for a retractable one. Or one that's built in somewhere inconspicuous.

·
Registered
22,761 Posts
Had an electric one on my 75, worked a treat until I ran into a plastic bag on the motorway, collected on the top of the aerial and bent it just enough to not go down again.

The one in the 156 (and 155) is hidden away in the rear screen, good for security, but gets a poor reception.

Good job I've got a DAB head unit, the reception in that's even worse, depending where I am.

Glad to hear everything worked out OK in the end. Used to have similar trouble, the locals enjoyed a game of 'kick the door mirrors off', or 'parkour over a car'.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Same thing happened to my spiders ariel. Never did find out who stole mine though. . .lucky for them anyway!!!

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Same thing happened to my spiders ariel. Never did find out who stole mine though. . .lucky for them anyway!!!
Did you do anything to secure the replacement Dario? I'm now worried it will be replaced only to go missing again at a time when there will be no witnesses. On the other hand, if I secure it and someone decides to bend it over becauuse they can't unscrew it .........

·
Registered
436 Posts
Someone stole mine too when parked in a car park..

It wasn't the standard 147 aerial - but one Autodelta do and had fitted. It was a 'bee sting' style with a black stalk between the silver aluminium base and tip but I couldn't find a suitable replacement so have a similar all aluminium one now and still wonder whether it suits the car or degrades the image of it... True, my car has a lot of aluminium/chrome items on it so it goes well but I admit I'm not 100% sure.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Did you do anything to secure the replacement Dario? I'm now worried it will be replaced only to go missing again at a time when there will be no witnesses. On the other hand, if I secure it and someone decides to bend it over becauuse they can't unscrew it .........
To be honest i initially thought of securing it but as you say, if they can't unscrew it they may break it and do more damage.

So far the replacement has been on for a good while now with no issues. Touch wood!

Unfortunately its the world we live in. Rather they stole my ariel than keyed my car or something! :(

1 - 13 of 13 Posts