Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
963 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My radio reception has suddenly deteriorated. As a quick check I pulled out the radio/CD and removed the aerial, stuck in a bit of wire - reception back as it should be. I have removed the rear interior light to see if there was a bad connection - but that seems fine.

It there an amplifier in the aerial circuit and if so, where are the connections? Is there likely to be a fuse?

·
Registered
963 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
anyone have any ideas?

·
Registered
140 Posts
Intrested also since mine went a few months ago, the reception now is lousy, is there a amp for the antena? oh! btw how do you take the head unit out, i've a connectnav

·
Registered
39 Posts
Yes there is a signal amplifier at the back of the car near the antena, but not sure about the exact location, is powerd by a wire from the radio

·
Registered
Alfa romeo gt we
4 Posts
My reception is rubbish , has anyone replaced ariel mount on gt , i cant seperate the single ariel wire from base to main ariel wire under headlining ?? Tried pulling it apart but wont seperate ....

·
Registered
5 Posts
Amplifier is in base of aerial powered by feed through aerial coax, called Phantom I think. To seperate above connector (Raku1) slide back the black collar with slots in.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts