Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All wonder if anyone can help please.................Im sure its been asked before...............Looking to acquire my first Alfa Romeo................My hobby is buying used cars and if needs be giving them some tlc.........Over the years I change mine or keep one and go for another to use as a project this time its alfas turn.............over the years have had allsorts............Im now 69, 6ft 4inches .....which will I fit in............not huge.....but long legs......like something wth space....I do like the iinteriors on all of them .......velour cloth....leather......they also seem to have decent indoor coverings....and would appreciate expertise on economy /comfort....maintenance and cost of spares/parts etc........normally do autos but happy to change to manual..........many thanks all.............I live in Kent.....budget 1k to 3k

·
Vendor
45,944 Posts
A 156 or a 159 could be in budget, have you had a look at both of them? They're totally different cars. Not a great lot of options for automatic gearboxes though, the manuals are better.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Dunno about 159 running costs but my V6 156 has cost a fair bit to run... Partly my fault for paying for most of it but things like the timing belt I'd consider beyond most home mechanics!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
A 156 or a 159 could be in budget, have you had a look at both of them? They're totally different cars. Not a great lot of options for automatic gearboxes though, the manuals are better.
Thanks for that.......have seen a few very nice, also, looking at the estate versions.....quite like the hatch back too.......am in no rush.........manuals are cheaper more mpg I assume.........do you know any used dealers please

1 - 4 of 4 Posts