Alfa Romeo Forum banner

Advice welcomed on some Alfa 166 corroded parts

1062 11
I have a 2002 Alfa 166 3.0 24v Super with only 60k on the clock (after a long period in storage). I have been told I have some corrosion issues and would welcome advice as I am not in the least bit mechanically minded:

1. Front cradle of radiator is badly corroded - what's the best way to address this?

2. Air conditioning is inoperable due corroded condenser. Does anyone know a good source for a replacement/part number? Some threads seems to suggest this is very hard part to replace.

3. All 4 shock absorbers are corroded. There seem to be a wide selection available. Any advice on best manufactorer replacements to go for?

Thanks in advance
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

· Registered
9 Posts
I have a 2002 Alfa 166 3.0 24v Super with only 60k on the clock (after a long period in storage). I have been told I have some corrosion issues and would welcome advice as I am not in the least bit mechanically minded:

1. Front cradle of radiator is badly corroded - what's the best way to address this?

2. Air conditioning is inoperable due corroded condenser. Does anyone know a good source for a replacement/part number? Some threads seems to suggest this is very hard part to replace.

3. All 4 shock absorbers are corroded. There seem to be a wide selection available. Any advice on best manufactorer replacements to go for?

Thanks in advance
The radiator cradle rusting is a common problem. I had to get one from Italy in the end. It cost me about £250. I searched everywhere for a second hand part without any luck.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts