Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,
I came across the forum when looking for info on the GT V6. I've never owned an Alfa before but need something good to look at and interesting to drive after soem fairly boring cars recently. GT looks great but have to admit I haven't driven one yet!

Would welcome tips on what to look out for. Also where best to look for one (I'm based in north west England if that makes any difference). Would prefer to buy privately from an enthusiast and prepared to take my time.
Thanks

G

·
0 Posts
I'm on my second GT 3.2 V6 and I must say (touching wood and all that) that they are bullet proof. You might get the odd rattle from the boot or a bit of wind noise from the windows but put your foot down and hear the glorious V6 and you won't care!

P.S I'm famed for changing my cars on a regular basis (Alfas only though...you could say I'm addicted) so I will let you know if mine comes on the market. Red with black leather and in superb condition

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the info. It does look best in red and black, doesn't it. Maybe you can tell me one other thing: am I right in thinking the 3.2 in the GT is not the same as the 3.2 in the 159 or Brera? If not do you know how it compares from a driving point of view?
Thanks

·
Registered
1,124 Posts
The GT v6 dosent share the same engine as the 159 etc.

G

·
0 Posts
Thanks for the info. It does look best in red and black, doesn't it. Maybe you can tell me one other thing: am I right in thinking the 3.2 in the GT is not the same as the 3.2 in the 159 or Brera? If not do you know how it compares from a driving point of view?
Thanks
That is correct. The Arese V6 in the GT is fantastic. Old Clarkson says it's one of the best engines ever made. I haven't driven the Busso V6 in the 159/Brera but from reports on here it is a very good engine but doesn't have as good as sound as the Arese unit. It also doesn't look as good. The chrome pipes on the Arese look the bees knees

Worth contacting Mangos over the one mentioned above if you like the GT in silver. I bought mine from Mangos (i've bought 3 cars from them in fact) and the service is second to none

·
Registered
30,126 Posts
Plenty of very recent threads on this same subject. Cars are great & the Mango's one looks a peach, as does a members car that is for sale at the mo. Both cars need a Q2 diff fitting though (c£500) as a must!

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Seems the Mangos one has already been sold, but I've asked them to let me know if they get one in so that I can at least try driving one. And I'm looking further afield. Are Veloces and Black & White also rated as dealers?

·
Registered
108 Posts
Alan at Black & White is a good guy. Great choice of car I am on my second 3.2 GT and just clicked over 60k miles on the current one. Stromboli Grey with red leather (classic choice). I have had no significant problems with either of my cars and the engines are an absolute joy!! (I bought a 2.5v6 156 for my missus last year) so we are a 2 Arese engine family!!! Take your time in finding a good one!!!

·
Registered
507 Posts
1 - 13 of 13 Posts