Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,071 Posts
Don't know, but I think I have at least one (possibly a pair!) of Series 1 headlamp washers that I could post you to look at, if you wanted? Don't know if they work. I don't have the right bumper for them but they came off a 1990 car I broke ages ago. I think they're made of nylon and swell when they absorb water (perhaps not the best material selection for a washer jet!) so they were famous for sticking. I assume these ones will be similarly sticky. Anyway, if I can find them, you'd be welcome to have a look if you're happy to cover the postage. Just respond to the thread or PM me an address.

·
Registered
433 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi Ian

I need the complete unit proud of the bumper. All I have is two rectangular holes in the top of the bumper. The parts within the bumper itself appear to be intact. My enquiry was prompted by the eBay offer of a complete facelift bumper. Hence are they the same as the original model?

I will take some photographs of the bumper sans washers at the weekend and if you think you have a solution I will be more than glad to pay postage for the parts.

This of course all relates to the TB which I am gradually getting to know. So far I rate it as fast as the QV but lacking the taughtness of the chassis and handling. Generally a bit untidy on the road with a higher lean into the corners. Acceleration in mid range is astonishing - the g force does actually push you back into the seat. Much work yet to be done.

Will get it up to Cumbria one day for your approval.

Kind regards

·
Registered
108 Posts
They could be the same but knowing Alfa I doubt it. The pipes also go brittle with age, as I discovered while trying to salvage some from a series 2 front bumper. Fine as long as not disturbed but be really careful/gentle if you do.

Suggest buying a complete front bumper and gently taking them out yourself. Bumpers only go for about £20 and make handy spares in case of any incursions into the undergrowth, etc. Or give an alfa nutter like Eddie at the Alfaman in London a call. Probably have the parts in stock.

Good luck :)

·
Registered
2,071 Posts
My apologies - couldn't find EITHER of them in my pile of junk! Will look again in a few other places when I next get the chance, but time has beaten me on this occasion.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts