Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
684 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am contemplating selling my TS Spider and buying a V6 Spider mainly because of the power a V6 has got. Can anyone give me some other reasons why to get a V6 and also some useful facts and information about them (i.e power and so on)

·
Registered
6,811 Posts
power and noise would be my choice:D standard car was supposed to be around 220bhp, sometimes more, and doesnt take much to get it too 240+:D

enough reasons for me, though economy at the moment puts paid to that, but i could live with it if the mrs would let me:lol:

·
Regional Support North, Is there a meet near you?
63,532 Posts
take a V6 out for a test and you will soon question why you didnt buy one earlier :lol:

·
Registered
1,281 Posts
The sound the V6 makes – especially with a decent aftermarket exhaust – is worth the upgrade alone.

·
Registered
10,609 Posts
My V6 is insured from, well in 11 minutes actually, while i still adore my twinny that V6 engine is sooooooo addictive.
Stop thinking and just do it:lol:

R

·
0 Posts
The V6 is iconic. For me, it is Alfa and without it I just would not have been interested.

·
Registered
890 Posts
dam the same situation im in with the gtv, i just done so much sob sob

·
Registered
6,213 Posts
So I see your keen on the Power of the V6 James ! :lol:

If you havent driven one before you can have a drive of mine and see what its like. The power is the main attraction. Heaps of it and more than you can ever use all down low as soon as you put your foot down. So much Power you get pushed into your seat with all the G Forces of a plane taking off :D Unfortunately with all the TS cars ive driven there is Zero power off the line and nothing down low unless you give it heaps of revs. And even with a lot of revs it takes time to build up momentum to get up to speed.

However with the V6 you will have to slow down for the corners, where as in the 2 litre you look forward to some nice flat cornering. All you can look forward to in a V6 ia an empty straight road to unleash its Power :D

Nevertheless after I put the 17" Wheels on my car today I noticed an instant improvement in its handling characteristics . Id estimate 30% better than it was on my old 16" wheels.

Ive heard with the V6 you could get better shocks and Q2 LSD to make it handle like a 2 litre so that may be a way to go as well. But Im pretty happy with mine the way it is and dont want to be spending too much money on it for things I dont really need.

·
Registered
8,063 Posts
The V6 is just such a great engine......so much better than the TS

Imagine the sound of a Spider V6 :cool:

·
Registered
310 Posts
Do you want mine ?

Going on sale at the end of Feb for £2500 only 70000 miles and loads of work done over the last few years

Including the Q2 and Lightweight flywheel and clutch + much much more :)

Drop me a PM if you do !

·
Registered
798 Posts
Bit far away in Aus :p . Our petrol here is so much cheaper and there seems like there's less bull**** taxes here too. There really is no valid excuse to not drive the V6 here. Lol. I just went TS to V6 haven't looked back. After test driving the V6, the TS felt so asthmatic it wasn't funny..

·
Registered
396 Posts
Bit far away in Aus :p . Our petrol here is so much cheaper and there seems like there's less bull**** taxes here too. There really is no valid excuse to not drive the V6 here. Lol. I just went TS to V6 haven't looked back. After test driving the V6, the TS felt so asthmatic it wasn't funny..
and its not a Spider!

·
Registered
2,077 Posts
U could just raise the hood and stare at that achingly beautiful engine, that way the fuel cost wouldn't be an issue....and i say that as a TS driver!:)

·
Registered
6,213 Posts

:lol::lol::lol:

Asthmatic is the Word !!!

:lol::lol::lol:

1 - 20 of 40 Posts