Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As some of you may know i have 01 147 selespeed, when i test drove it, it felt much better than my old golf. in the first few days its been fine, however after just a week i am gettin this horrible grind, scraping noise whenever im in 1st gear, somtimes from a standing start it will leap forward, go with a decent loudness thumb, clunk. n this however makes a horrible journey going through traffic due it doin this and being a new car to me. Although after it goes past this clunk, grind bit it drives perfect, all the way through 2,3,4,5.. any suggestions? I have warrranty but isnt that only for a 'broken' part??

Any advice, help, response would be much appreciated

Thanks

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Update..

Tuesday i didnt do it once, Wednesday it did. and this morning also. I am now adamant that the problem is just the 1st gear and only the 1st gear, due to this not happening in 2nd and reverse. I don't think it is a selespeed problem, but more of a worn down mechanical problem. im thinking about gettin it replaced, or will i need a full refurbished gearbox?

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Update.. Been to the garage, from what i was telling him his first thought would be towards the clutch, has anyone had any problems like this?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts