Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi ive got a problem selecting gears at a stand still it will selected gear when it wants to when gear is engaged it changes gear good when driveing up street its intermittent happening i cant hear the pump primeing when i open the drivers door so i put a live wire to the pump and it primed also if i tap the pump again it will prime if i do this its all ok do i need new pump isit breaking failing intermittently its a pain to say the least thanks

·
Registered
9,912 Posts
hi ive got a problem selecting gears at a stand still it will selected gear when it wants to when gear is engaged it changes gear good when driveing up street its intermittent happening i cant hear the pump primeing when i open the drivers door so i put a live wire to the pump and it primed also if i tap the pump again it will prime if i do this its all ok do i need new pump isit breaking failing intermittently its a pain to say the least thanks
im sure its pump brushes ......some will be along soon to varify this

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks ordered a new pump today thought it was the pump failing but wasnt sure as i say if i tap the pump it primes open door no primeing

L

·
0 Posts
what miles on the clock? pump is easy to change, remove passenger wheel, the arch lining & get access from the wheel arch. Make sure the system has de-pressuired over night

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
102k on clock depressuired overnight what that mean what oil goes in the selespeed bottle thanks

1 - 6 of 6 Posts