Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
54,872 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Lynn and I are thinking about spending a bit of dosh on a weekend runabout. We both like the idea of a convertible and have been toying with the idea of getting a spider :D.

Do you have any words of advice as to what to look out for, how much we should consider spending etc etc :confused:

·
Registered
1,104 Posts
Depending on the year and mileage I would say anywhere from 2k to 5k for a 2.0TS Spider. For a 3.0 V6 you will pay a fair bit more. Probably well over 5k for a good one.

See the buyers guide for details about what to look out for etc. It pretty much covers it all.. Good hunting!

·
Registered
2,917 Posts
For a weekend run about I'd suggest you get a twinny. The v6 apparently suffers quite badly from scuttle shake. If you want a little rocket get the v6 GTV :)

·
Registered
384 Posts
Bought a cheap one on Fleabay a month ago....1900 for a filthy red 1997 2.0TS with leather, aircon and manual roof.

After spending a weekend cleaning I've bought a 4 owner 80,000 miler with nothing worse than a rattly o/s drop link (15.00 and a hour or so of grubby work)....and there's a bill for the belts and variator just 1 year and 2500 miles ago!

So far covered over 1000 miles @ about 30mpg (and it's a weekend only car...well it was meant to be) and can't stop grinning...:cheese:

Just go for it (after following the buyers guide - I took it with me and completely forgot all about it as soon as I heard that engine note!)

Good luck

Jon

1 - 7 of 7 Posts