Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi Folks,

Well, I've owned my Alfa Romeo Spider LE (2008) for only 3 weeks and on the 2nd week I started having problems with the roof closing. With the engine off it opens and closes fine. However, when I turn the engine on the hood will open fine but when closing an error message appears "Hood Closure Failure". The error appears at the end of the closure and the flaps do not seem to close.

I'm from Birmingham and bought the motor from Chris Variava in Nottingham. I booked the car into my local garage in Willenhall called Guest. My father took it in as I was unable to due to work commitments. He was told there will be a diagnostic charge of 50 pound?

Of course he didn't pay it and took the car back home. I've only owned the car for a few weeks so should I be paying this charge? The car is under warranty and I bought it because of the warranty. I rang Chris Variava and they didn't seem to bothered. I asked them if they could cover any cost if I get it looked at from Guest seeing that I have only owned the motor for 2 weeks. They said No. I then explained it will cost me to much to travel from Nottingham and back. They then replied "What did you expect". I couldn't believe the attitude and response I got seeing how much I spent on the motor. Can anyone put me in the right direction to get this sorted. Rang Alfa Uk, they seemed sincere but have not got back to me. Any help would be much appreciated

·
Registered
31 Posts
I know the Alfa dealer in Chelmsford has a red 2.2 speeder in stock traded in the other day with the same problem.
Their one needs to stop the take the key out the ignition then put it back in and restart the process of closing and opening for it to work.
They are still looking into the problem!

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That sounds nearly identical to my issue. Keep me updated if they manage to diagnose the problem! I'm concerned about the attitude in the dealerships. I saw the same model which was £1200 cheaper which was at a none Alfa Dealership. At Variava they kept boasting about there customer care and the benefits I get through the warranty. I feel a little bit sold out by them. Should I just pay the diagnostic charge at my local Alfa garage and see what happens? Or just take it back to Nottingham despite the cost of petrol going back and forth? I want to love the Alfa experience but the dealerships are not helping!

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Problem solved! Guest motors were fantastic and were persistent to find the fault. Apparently there was a problem with the motors and the alignment of the hydraulics. Motors going in this Friday so hopefully should be sorted for the weekend!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts