Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Firstly,
Finally plumbed for a new Sony for the Spider which at 54 quid seems like an absolute steal! Nothing too fancy, 4x45 watts and I-pod connection through front auxiliary and not forgetting green illumination..... I'm just in the process of disconnecting the wires on the rear of the original unit but they almost seem welded on! I'm scared of damaging the connections by forcing it, any ideas please?
And then secondly just had the mirrors back from being painted, the passenger side lens will not adjust although you can hear the motor working. The clips appear in tact so I'm wandering what they've done stripping them down! If they've knackered the drive on the unit what's the cost involved in repairing before I go back to the paint shop with guns blazing.....

Cheers Team, Swiss.........:(

V

·
0 Posts
I take it you know the radio connectors have a clip you have to squeeze at the same time as pulling on them.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Derr, no!
There is a black rectangular block connector above a white one with all of the wiring going to both of these. There appears to be a small yellow tab on the side of both connectors is this what need to be squeezed? There is a plug in type fuse along-side these connectors if this sounds familiar....

Cheers Swiss!

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Excellent PKR!! Many thanks for this I take it that I'm going to have to buy a harness for it to fit the new stereo?

I can see this being the proverbial 'simple job'.........Cheers Swiss.

·
Registered
4,627 Posts
You shouldn't need an adaptor harness. Most aftermarket stuff has standard ISO connectors on the rear. Should be plug n' play.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts