Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3,230 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Lads,

Would like to drive down to Milan this summer in the 155 and I'm hoping all you good people can advise me an anything and everything. Routes, what to bring where to stay, where to avoid and when etc. etc.

Wanted to drive to Nice and up the riviera but Its too much I think so instead might head to Lausanne, Geneva, Frejus tunnel and Milan. Dont know what rout to come home from though..

·
Registered
1,563 Posts
You could go back via the Stelvio Pass and up through Davos, nip through Liechtenstein, head through Germany, hit the ring and back home

:cool:

·
Premium Member
7,631 Posts
The most direct and probably cheapest route is Calais - Reims - Nancy - Mulhouse - Basel - Gottard - Milan.

You would need a Swiss motorway tax "disc" but this works out cheaper than going round and paying a lot for passing throught the Frejus or Montblanc tunnels.

YOu can also do the Gottard pass on this route which is great.

·
Registered
382 Posts
My advice would be don't! lol

Seriously after driving in Naples in September..in a Fiat Quobo :eek: I would say always watch out for the scooters. They literally just appear out of nowhere and really dont care about cars around them!

G

·
My advice is .....

A...Remember which side of the road to drive on....I nearly killed my wife on our honeymoon after forgeting this!!
B...Don't drive through Florence...they are all mad!!!

·
Registered
2,519 Posts
Florence is MILES away from Milan!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts