Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,589 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone

I'm lucky enough to be in the market for a car. Had plenty of Alfa's Inc 156 GTA. I'm very tempted by this 147 GTA but I'm a bit nervous by the wiring thing it mentions: melted wires on bulkhead causing some flashing lights on dash occasionally. Anyone experienced anything like this?

http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/advert/201603202155917

·
Registered
2,037 Posts
That car was discussed on here a little while back.....suspect engine bay fire as I recall. The lack of coolant in the expansion tank was a little alarming too!

·
Registered
4,126 Posts
Personally I wouldn't touch it, unless you are very handy with auto electrics....

Could be a whole world of pain.

OK very different vehicle, but my old defender had an electric "fire" thanks to a faulty switch. 4 years later I'm still trying to work out problems with sporadic shorts. Should have replaced the loom at the time. Impossible to really see the extent of the damage to other wiring.

·
Vendor
46,352 Posts
I remember the chap that fixed this GTA trying to buy a load of bits of us, but can't recall what actually happened with it. Ned, can you remember it being at Autolusso?

·
Vendor
7,045 Posts
I remember the chap that fixed this GTA trying to buy a load of bits of us, but can't recall what actually happened with it. Ned, can you remember it being at Autolusso?
I don't remember and the only thing I have on our system was that we bled the brakes in 2013

Ned

·
Vendor
7,045 Posts
Hi everyone

I'm lucky enough to be in the market for a car. Had plenty of Alfa's Inc 156 GTA. I'm very tempted by this 147 GTA but I'm a bit nervous by the wiring thing it mentions: melted wires on bulkhead causing some flashing lights on dash occasionally. Anyone experienced anything like this?

Alfa Romeo 147 3.2 GTA 3dr
My advise on this one would be to steer well clear, buy the best one you can afford, there is no such thing as a cheap GTA

Ned

·
Registered
1,589 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks gents. Advice taken ill leave alone. The search continues.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts