Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
787 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,

Basically I would like some advice, preferably in laymans terms regarding switching from Halogen bulbs to LED / HiD.

I'd like to replace the main and dipped beams, aswell as side lights and number plate lights. I would take an easier LED conversion all round over front HIDs and side LEDs.

If possible, plug & play with minimal faffing around, I'm now not bothered about MoT issues, i'll simply put the halogens back in for this. It's more a case of safety at the moment as I struggle to see without full beam on rainy nights and even on country roads main beam doesn't cut it.

Secondly I've noticed very mild steering whine when turning the wheel to the left and right, easily ignored, but its a noise that wasn't there yesterday. I'd like to flush the power steering fluid and replace with new red (current fluid mid-low, dark) but having never done this before, is it simply a case of using a kitchen baster (i.e impee's DIY Power Steering Fluid Change / Flush - BMW e46) to drain then add in the new fluid or should I take it to the garage who could maybe replace gear stick oil aswell?

Thanks in advanced,
Joe.

·
Registered
186 Posts

·
Registered
787 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ok thanks Corasad will probs go with those lights in the link, just needed some user experience as I know some arent as good, or give off warnings and issues e.t.c

Also Verbout will check sticky in future, didn't realize it was soo thorough.

Cheers,
Joe.

·
Registered
186 Posts
Ok thanks Corasad will probs go with those lights in the link, just needed some user experience as I know some arent as good, or give off warnings and issues e.t.c

Also Verbout will check sticky in future, didn't realize it was soo thorough.

Cheers,
Joe.
i bought the ones in the link and have had a few issues,one bulb didn't work(seller sent a new one) also make sure you buy the decoder as with mine one side would light and one wouldn't, i am still have an issues, sometime i have to switch them on and off again but the seller is sending a new pair of decoders to try and sort the issue
so in full would i recommend these lights# Not sure, the lights are very bright which is what i need but it annoys me having to switch on and off:irked:

·
Registered
787 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Roger that, I'm looking for reliability mainly so thanks for the heads up, will have to do some more digging.

·
Registered
787 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Just one question, can I install HIDs into the dipped and main beam? And then get a super bright halogen for the full beam? Also I hate the yellow hue of the dipped beam, will this change if I replaced dipped with HIDs?

Cheers.

·
Registered
229 Posts
Just one question, can I install HIDs into the dipped and main beam? And then get a super bright halogen for the full beam? Also I hate the yellow hue of the dipped beam, will this change if I replaced dipped with HIDs?

Cheers.
You can get LED Sidelights,
Yes you can install HID main beam (outmost light and easiest to access), You can also get slim ballast ones and those fit inside the cover so no drilling required.
For High beam go with OSRAM Nightbreaker halogen bulbs.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts