Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all.

Greetings from Cape Town. I run a 916 GTV 3.0 with all the expected upgrades.

I track the car regularly. The car has Toyo Proxe semi-slicks on OZ Racing Boticellis with custom10mm spacers front and back. Photos attached.

I have been running 235\40\17 Toyo R8R on rim size 8J x 17 H2. Time for a new set of the same tyres, they are brilliant on the track. Understandably, on the road I get quite a bit of tramlining and bump steer. Very little or no torque steer as I have Q2. Question: is this the correct size tyre or should I go down to a 225/45/17?? What are the pros and cons of doing ?? I don't experience any scraping in tyre well. Though it has the usual Eibach lowering springs on the front, the back is on standard springs. I had to take the Eibach springs out at back as I did have some scraping at the back after installing them. But have been running the car like this for a couple of years and it works well, even seems to be cocking a wheel in some of the tighter corners at Killarney race track.

Thanks
CRAIG

Attachments

·
Registered
679 Posts
Not sure anyone has the specific answer for you - i run 18's and have done for 15 years on my Spider. You may want to try using the search facility as well, the subject has probably been discussed numerous times over on the forums.
Hope that helps.

·
Premium Member
1,138 Posts
I have also 8 x 17" rims on my Spider but use 225/45R17 tires.
My rims are ET30.
If your rims have a higher ET value I think they may touch the spring pan arm.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts