Alfa Romeo Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
883 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Afternoon Gents

Your advice will be appreciated .
Ive been surfing here and there and everywhere for common and secretive issues that plague the 159 2.4 JTD A/T 2010 model
As I have my eye on one and seriously thinking of purchasing it, most of the information on this site and the net in a whole is UK related.
My logic says that we might not share all of the same issues due the contrast of icy hot weather, fuel quality, road conditions etc of the contrasting countries.:confused:

Important note: The purpose of the car will be for business.
Being in Real Estate my average trip is generally between 5-10Km's one way, Im always driving urban, and sometimes on sand roads.....:cry:.

1- My concern is it being diesel and automatic.
2- What are the problems I should look out for when inspecting the 159 2.4 JTD A/T
3- Are the parts still readily available at our dealers or do I have to wait for it to be imported fr Italy, (this could negatively impact my business)
4- I spose I can expect parts and repairs to be pricey??.
5- Is this specific model reliable or do I consider an alternate model

6- Or do I stick to the Punto which has given me 140K hassel free service- of which approx is 90% urban driving, but Im itching to get into an AR for everyday business use.

The GQV is my pride and Joy

Any advise or references would be a plus. Cheers

·
Registered
1,549 Posts
From a relatively new 2.4 Jtdm owner I love the automatic,the power & ultimately the styling.

I'm willing to go out on a limb and say it's the most contemporary sedan shape of all the brands and it's not because I'm an alfisti.

The diesel isn't that economic especially in the urban setting.

I can say they aren't readily available going pirate wise but they are reasonably priced for agents when you get to body parts.

As an estate agent you'll sell property on the cars looks alone.

Eric might be able to add to the list as well.

Ciao

·
Registered
883 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
From a relatively new 2.4 Jtdm owner I love the automatic,the power & ultimately the styling.

I'm willing to go out on a limb and say it's the most contemporary sedan shape of all the brands and it's not because I'm an alfisti.

The diesel isn't that economic especially in the urban setting.

I can say they aren't readily available going pirate wise but they are reasonably priced for agents when you get to body parts.

As an estate agent you'll sell property on the cars looks alone.

Eric might be able to add to the list as well.

Ciao

Thanks , Ive always thought the 159 is a master piece by design.

What is your average consumption ? when driving economically?

Any issues with the gearbox?

·
Registered
13,815 Posts
I think the only issues here was the wrong steering rack fluid?

·
Registered
1,549 Posts
It's almost impossible not to drive this car hard as you know you have 400 nm at your disposal.
Shes's lighter than a petrol but heavier than the average diesel. Sorry I haven't driven her that long to give you an accurate km\l reading.

I'm considering just doing a DPF removal and software to make Swayme a bit lighter when getting thrashed.

Ciao

·
Registered
1,549 Posts
I've heard from one of the members(can't remember his name) he got a quote a year ago for DPF&Software for R7500 from FR&R where Guili had his 1750 Guilietta done.

Casmico are you planning to do it?If so when?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts