Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,314 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need to extend the warranty on my car.
Emailed fiat and they recommended Warranty Solutions

Price R6200 for 2 years.
Access for 1st year
1st month is R2000 if i claim
2nd month R1900
3rd month R1800
-100 per month for one year.
Any one has warranty with them?
or suggest anyone else?

·
Registered
2,252 Posts
I've got a warranty with them and they actually pay for very little. They strictly only pay for mechanical failure and if multiple components in a system fail they only pay for one. For instance my clutch master and slave cylinder were both leaking and needed replacing. they would only pay for the more expensive of the two.

·
Registered
915 Posts
i heard the other day that motorite offer a product with 100% cover if the car still has a manufacturers warranty at the time the motorite warranty is purchased. V12 policy or something.

But as with any warranty, the fine print must be read. They all look for reasons not to pay... i had my fair share with a few of them. No experience with the one FIAT reccommended though.

·
Registered
1,314 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
this is what they say :

Please note :All limitations are inclusive of Vat.
Any number of failures or repairs occurred at the same time shall be treated as one claim.
In this instance the liability will not exceed the amount of the major component benefit.

·
Registered
13,815 Posts
That is weak and pretty much par for the course for warranties.

I've never seen a warranty which covers more than that.

·
Registered
608 Posts
Whoever I've spoken to about these warranties, they've all complained about them. If it's not about a part that's covered then it's the delay in authorising the claim. I've never taken these out and I doubt I ever will.

·
Registered
2,694 Posts
I had one but only because the bank insisted as the car was out of plan and it was a private deal.

I got about 70% of the cost of the warrantee back when it covered most of an alternator overhaul. They were helpful and prompt in fairness - it was AMP underwritten by Hollard.

It expired about 2 or 3 months before my diff failed...

·
Registered
13,815 Posts
Sorry for the thread jack, but which warranty do you have on the GTV, bra?
Nothing:cheese:

because nothing will brake!:cheese:

honestly...I don't believe in Waranties...not anymore . I've had one on the 147 and it was weak. Same issues as everyone else describes. I think the best is to save and fix known issues and if something happens go to bank and get a credit card or overdraft and pay it off in your own time. This is my best advice, you will think you are getting a "piece" of the part paid, maybe you are...but just save and replace known issues.

·
Registered
1,314 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
yes.i put in magnatec..5w40...thou i wonder if castrol Edge will be better.
Arnold chats use castrol magnatec 5w40 when we send our mitos in for service.
found a thread where a guy posted step by step guide with pics on how to change oil on the mito.
He used castrol magnatec 5w40
heres the link
http://www.alfaowner.com/Forum/alfa-mito/370316-how-to-mito-oil-change.html

I recommend an oil change @15k not 30...

·
Registered
9 Posts
yes.i put in magnatec..5w40...thou i wonder if castrol Edge will be better.
Arnold chats use castrol magnatec 5w40 when we send our mitos in for service.
found a thread where a guy posted step by step guide with pics on how to change oil on the mito.
He used castrol magnatec 5w40
heres the link
http://www.alfaowner.com/Forum/alfa-mito/370316-how-to-mito-oil-change.html

I recommend an oil change @15k not 30...
Cheers for the advice, will do them at 15k as well, better safe than sorry

·
Registered
454 Posts
sa warranties?

·
Registered
10,929 Posts
My advice is if you have the money then go for it but ensure that you are well versed with the contents. I have the Motorite warranty and they helped me out with the GTV to more than my money's worth already. If nothing goes wrong, at least the peace of mind is there of you are willing to part with a fist full of blue notes.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts