Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm going to have alook at an Alfa Romeo 147 jtd on a 53 plate on the weekend.

The car has done 80,000 miles and has full service history.

The guy tells me that a fault light is on and its because an induction kit is fitted, Does this happen if a induction kit is fitted, ideally i would want to put a standard airbox with a performance filter.

also a glow plug light comes on, so i'm assuming glow plugs are due a change.

Should i be conserned about these issues ?

Also what MPG should i expect, I travel 100 miles a day on the motorway.

regards

mike

·
Registered
5,621 Posts
the induction kits can kill the air flow meters which could possibly be the cause of the warning light only way to know for sure though would be to get it plugged in and the fault codes read, the glow plug light is just that, new set of plugs and you're away,

·
Registered
28,482 Posts
The " Glow Plug " issue is a common fault on the 147 JTDm, mine has been coming on for about 2 Years now, and has never failed to start. Had it electronically checked many times, and NO fault is ever found. So I just live with it, and wait for the warning light to go out, before I turn the ignition key...........:)

MPG should be well over 40, on your Motorway run, might even get to 50, if you use the Cruise Control, and 6th gear all the way........:)

Hope that helps, somewhat.......:thumbs:

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I was hoping for 50 + on the motorway. Ive got to sell my 330CI M sport as my lift share has handed his notice in so i cant afford to run the bmw now it wasnt so bad when doing lift share.

I get 33 - 34 MPG out ofthe 3.0 petrolengine so obviously i want alot more if im going to have to get rid of my pride and joy.

How much is an air flow meter and where to buy from ? do i need to get a genuine one arethey Bosch units ?

cheers

mike

·
Registered
11,604 Posts
Get the codes read before splashng out, but yeah buy Bosch if needed

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I have an Autel Maxiscan MS509, Not sure if these work on ALfa Romeo.

DO they have OBD2 diagnostic ports also where is it on a 147 ?

·
Registered
11,604 Posts
By your right knee when in the driving seat, behind a panel

·
Registered
5,266 Posts
I'd walk away to be honest, the light could be a multitude of things and the fault codes may not give you an exact answer.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts