Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
436 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
car recently bumped wall scuffing and damaging laquer of paint.guy said he had no problem with matching 8c paint job.i get a call on day of collection saying they have problem with tint and that there boss is unhappy can they keep for extra day.then get a call four hours later that they are ready and I can collect.initially in garage light looks ok.when home I find they have sprayed number plate lights and have sprayed rear quarter panel of car and left unfinished edge around rear inner passengerside door.they must have tried to blend bumper by taking up rear panel of car.they have not tried to do this on driverside rear and you can see the difference in colour match.got guy out of bed sunday morning to rant said he will sort if bought down Monday.
when I collected car the inside was covered in white dust and car matts were filthy with the dust as well also could smell paint in car.i thought this unusual at time as they were doing bumper now I relise must have had door open spraying rear panel and door shut edge.
not happy. do you think I should get money back and go elsewhere or let them try and put right?:paranoid:

·
Registered
336 Posts
car recently bumped wall scuffing and damaging laquer of paint.guy said he had no problem with matching 8c paint job.i get a call on day of collection saying they have problem with tint and that there boss is unhappy can they keep for extra day.then get a call four hours later that they are ready and I can collect.initially in garage light looks ok.when home I find they have sprayed number plate lights and have sprayed rear quarter panel of car and left unfinished edge around rear inner passengerside door.they must have tried to blend bumper by taking up rear panel of car.they have not tried to do this on driverside rear and you can see the difference in colour match.got guy out of bed sunday morning to rant said he will sort if bought down Monday.
when I collected car the inside was covered in white dust and car matts were filthy with the dust as well also could smell paint in car.i thought this unusual at time as they were doing bumper now I relise must have had door open spraying rear panel and door shut edge.
not happy. do you think I should get money back and go elsewhere or let them try and put right?:paranoid:
Hi there,

I know that that specific aint is supposed to be difficult to do. If I had the experience that you had, I would find another shop to do it. One that has definitely had experience with it, and comes recommended. (I unfortunately can't recommend any, am in Germany).

If they messed it up once, they prob won't do the best job even at their best.

Good luck!

Ben

·
Premium Member
4,567 Posts
From your description it sounds like the damage was to the rear quarter is that right? The only way to get it to blend properly is to repaint the whole side. I had a dent there & the bodyshop I went to (the dealers) took 3 attempts before they would return it to me because they were unhappy with the results. I've had plenty of people look at the car & nobody can see the "join".

1 - 5 of 5 Posts