Alfa Romeo Forum banner

81 - 90 of 90 Posts

·
Registered
4,030 Posts
Pretty certain this design was only used o GTs in 18" form David C, at least in the UK and that GTs had ET32 wheels, my Cloverleaf certainly has.

I was tring to explain to him earlier that the wheels wouldnt stick out 26.7mm from the arches, theyd stick out 26.7mm from the centreline, how far did those sillyspeeds stick out from the arches on your 156 ?

But none of this really matters though, its all semantics - they will fit deffo your car Krtola so you can get them.

·
Registered
30,030 Posts
Pretty certain this design was only used o GTs in 18" form David C, at least in the UK and that GTs had ET32 wheels, my Cloverleaf certainly has.

I was tring to explain to him earlier that the wheels wouldnt stick out 26.7mm from the arches, theyd stick out 26.7mm from the centreline, how far did those sillyspeeds stick out from the arches on your 156?
Mine didn’t stick out beyond the arch. The rears were close, but cleared fine.

Remember that OEM has to allow clearance for snow chains etc..
I wouldn’t have been able to fit snow chains.... not even the thin sock type...!

·
Registered
33,673 Posts
There are points at which the tyres can come out of the coverage of the arch.
“The wheel guards must meet the following requirements when the vehicle is in running order (see section 2.6 of Annex I to Directive 70/156/EEC) and the wheels are in the dead ahead position: 2.1.1. In the part formed by radial planes at an angle of 30º to the front and 50º to the rear of the centre of the wheels (see figure 1), the overall width (q) of the wheel guards must be at least sufficient to cover the total tyre width (b) taking into account the extremes of tyre/wheel”

·
Registered
4,030 Posts
They are not Q2 wheels. Although they’re similar they’re more like an engineers version . The real ones have some subtlety!
They look pretty much identical, with the exception of the raised area for the badge and the way the spokes meet the rim on the one Krtola found, could just be down to slight design changes in OEM wheels or maybe they are after market, but the point is they will fit his car.

Mine didn’t stick out beyond the arch. The rears were close, but cleared fine.

Remember that OEM has to allow clearance for snow chains etc..
I wouldn’t have been able to fit snow chains.... not even the thin sock type...!
Ok David thanks, so, Krtola you should be ok with those ones earlier in the thread too.

·
Registered
539 Posts
Discussion Starter #90
5x98

Unfortunately, they were sold.
Only a couple of hours were on the ads, and someone bought them

81 - 90 of 90 Posts