Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys

Someone i know of has a 156 2.0L Veloce spec ,according to them...mileage sitting a around 150k

Any idea on what that car should sell for...?apparently he wants to ask R90k bit optimistic no?

Also how much more value does a supposed Veloce spec hold?

Whats the difference between that n the sport packs that came initially?

And is there major differences between the 2.0 TS motor n JTS motor...many diff opinions online...any personal experiences or comparison?

·
Registered
6,004 Posts
No JTS in SA - only TS.

Spec levels are trim and suspension, no performance variance. R90k is optimistic yes. What year model?

·
Registered
4,196 Posts
With 150k km on the clock, the car would have to be mechanically and cosmetically near perfect to fetch R90k, especially since it's not in Ti-spec and as it is the 2 litre and not the V6.

I could see a near-perfect late-model non-Ti 2.5 V6 possibly selling for R90k, but a 2.0 engine? Very unlikely.

·
Registered
4,196 Posts
Depending on the year and the paint colour, a 2 litre 156 with 150k km on the clock in normal condition (meaning a few normal cosmetic scuffs or little niggles, plus a few suspension creaks and so on) would go for about R35k to R60k, chiefly dependent on the model year.
If it's in near-perfect cosmetic condition with the "normal" mechanical niggles, around R60k for a late model year in a good colour.
If in near-perfect condition cosmetically and mechanically, plus a good colour, plus a late model year, then I'd say it could go for R70k to (maybe!) R90k.

If it were in Ti-spec you could add R10k to R15k to those prices.

·
Registered
276 Posts
Maybe a 2006 facelift V6 yes. And even that's a maybe, I think? You'd have to really love a 156 lol I definitely would not buy a TS for 90k, almost GTA money.

Personally, I would pay something like:

Facelift TS- 60k (if even!)
Pre TS-30k max

Facelift V6- maaaaybe 90 if it's low mileage and amazing condition!
Pre V6- up to 50k

Obviously everything depends on how the car looks as well. I mean, if it's a facelift TS in that lovely metallic maroon in veloce spec (which is basically your sideskirts and nice leather and trims and things) lowered on some anthrecite GT rims and maybe some nice kit. In absolutely immaculate condition.. I could be persuaded into 90k? But unless it's that. Definitely asking way too much.

·
Registered
2,985 Posts
Ooooh almost forgot you can have a gta for that moneys. Mmmmm

·
Registered
10,929 Posts
Hi Guys

Someone i know of has a 156 2.0L Veloce spec ,according to them...mileage sitting a around 150k

Any idea on what that car should sell for...?apparently he wants to ask R90k bit optimistic no?

Also how much more value does a supposed Veloce spec hold?

Whats the difference between that n the sport packs that came initially?

And is there major differences between the 2.0 TS motor n JTS motor...many diff opinions online...any personal experiences or comparison?
In SA there were 3 specs of which the Veloce was the lowest spec. They were: Veloce, Lusso and TI. Veloce had cloth seats with leather optional, and no steering buttons where the Lusso had full leather, buttons on the steering and some other goodies like shuttle and other bits and bobs that I can't recall now. TI had a lowered suspension, special TI wheels, a body kit and sport seats on the inside.

To put things into perspective: In 2006 when they were selling out the 156, the Veloce cost R228k new, the Lusso cost R247k and the Ti cost R271k. These are all with the TS engines. The V6's were a good bit more, per model.

In 2011 I traded my 2006 156 TS Lusso for R97k with 75000km on the clock because I struck an excellent deal with the dealers because I was taking a fully specced 159ti tbi. The car was advertised for sale at the dealership at R75k. It was in exceptional condition.

Today I think a Lusso can sell for R45k to R60k depending on condition and if anyone wants to pay that much for it. An absolutely spotless and well maintained 156 is always a good car worth well over book value.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks guys....will be sure to advise this guy....if i get pics...will def post up...maybe someone knows the car....

1 - 10 of 10 Posts