Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
890 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
advertising - GT 1.9JTDm for Sale (MY2007)

folks, just checking is it ok to advertise on here for a car for sale?

D

·
0 Posts
Course it is once it's in the Alfa for sale lounge:) If that's all right:)

·
Registered
890 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Course it is once it's in the Alfa for sale lounge:) If that's all right:)
thanks....put something in there now

What are you replacing the GT with?
not an alfa at the moment....bloody long story but probably getting a fleet car from work for the forseeable. I might look around at another 156 next year (possibly a V6 in the UK)

I'll still have it for the meet in Athlone so will probably be my swan song in it

·
Registered
890 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks, I've tried to put it in the lower value of what is available out there for same age/spec/mileage, but I'm open to sensible offers

·
Registered
763 Posts
not an alfa at the moment....bloody long story but probably getting a fleet car from work for the forseeable.
tsk, tsk :tut: Gotta be another alfa ;)

Tricky one though with fleet cars - but definitely look at 147 or 159. Usually they just want you to get the 5dr versions to help reduce the depreciation enabling them to sell it on.
Be warned though - check who they'll get to service them before you load it with extras thinking you'll buy it out at the end. I did that with my 156 then the fleet company changed and the new company refused to get it serviced at an alfa dealer :mad: (yes I know some dealers are crap, but when a fleet company is paying most are pretty good) and in the end I didn't want to buy it out :rolleyes:

Had a look at your ad. Lovely car. Love the red trim on the leather - don't see many of them.
You have it on alfaireland as well I see :)

Only comment is price. You should check out carzone. Cheapest on there for same year, mileage, etc. Alfa Romeo GT JTD 1.9 MONZA. (2007) - ?27,950 - Used Cars on Carzone.ie - New & Used Cars in Ireland is €2k less from dealer.
You're competing against dealers at that price and in present climate you need to be at least 5% lower than cheapest dealer before ppl look at it 'cos second hand car market is very slow right now... :(
Unless someone here really wants it ;) (Not me - just bought my new one)

Have friend getting rid of a Golf and is struggling to sell - only got a call once he dropped to the lowest price for that year!! And Golf's are typically an easy sell.

Anyways - best of luck, and commiserations on having to sell.

·
Registered
890 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Only comment is price. You should check out carzone. Cheapest on there for same year, mileage, etc. Alfa Romeo GT JTD 1.9 MONZA. (2007) - ?27,950 - Used Cars on Carzone.ie - New & Used Cars in Ireland is €2k less from dealer.
You're competing against dealers at that price and in present climate you need to be at least 5% lower than cheapest dealer before ppl look at it 'cos second hand car market is very slow right now... :(
Unless someone here really wants it ;) (Not me - just bought my new one)
Thanks for the advice. I had looked at carzone before putting it up and I had seen that ad for the one for €27950.

With having over a year warranty left on it, I don't think there is anything a dealer can compete with except for the price. Its the 2nd cheapest 07 Monza Diesel, so I am open to sensible offers anyway.

I can afford to wait a bit to sell it as I'm not being pushed right away but soon as. I don't get a choice to have an Alfa as a fleet car so thats disappointing.

·
Registered
317 Posts
Why ya selling, I was chatting to you on adverts when you were selling your old 156 and was dead jealous of the GT, was it problematic?

·
Registered
1,490 Posts
you can place your car on here, but the chance of someone buying it is low!

·
Registered
890 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Why ya selling, I was chatting to you on adverts when you were selling your old 156 and was dead jealous of the GT, was it problematic?
absolutely not. Its been a dream but due to work I have to sell it. Its a bloody long story and basically they do not allow 2door coupes as cars for someone in my position. Apparently gives off the wrong impression to customers. Wish they told me that before I went out and bought it....

·
Registered
890 Posts
Discussion Starter #12

·
Registered
2,627 Posts
are you a Kia/Hyundai/Chevrolet/SSangyong dealer, where owning anything stylish contradicts your employer's business practices?
:)

·
Registered
890 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
are you a Kia/Hyundai/Chevrolet/SSangyong dealer, where owning anything stylish contradicts your employer's business practices?
:)
nope....just a lowly travelling engineer but when I pull up at a customer, apparently they don't like to see flash 2 door coupes as they feel they have contributed towards it or so I'm led to believe by the hierarchy, so we should all be driving boring 4 door saloons or nothing that smacks in the face. I'm still argueing the toss with them over this but HR are not backing down but I'm hoping I can use a precedent already set by someone higher up than me has a 2door 3 series....its getting messy now

·
Registered
2,627 Posts
Ah, good luck with that, HR can be really hard to convince, most of the times only the court can change their mind...
I remember my interview with HR for a job, they asked what is my favourite colour, and then they asked why isn't it blue, I guess the muppets misread the questions section of the "Interviewing for dummies" book..

1 - 15 of 15 Posts