Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ooooh ....

something strange has just happened ..... :confused:

Just gone to the quick links ( IM inbox) to see if an IM has been recieved and when the window opened it showed an advertisement ... this has happened twice this am .... :eek:

Just says Alfa Owner Advertisement ... :eek:

·
Registered
4,887 Posts
When I try any link within a thread I get a message that says that api.vigilink.com has been reported as unsafe

This website has been reported to contain the following threats:

Malicious software threat: This site contains links to viruses or other software programs that can reveal personal information stored or typed on your computer to malicious persons.

Is there a problem?

·
Registered
15,172 Posts
When I try any link within a thread I get a message that says that api.vigilink.com has been reported as unsafe

Malicious software threat: This site contains links to viruses or other software programs that can reveal personal information stored or typed on your computer to malicious persons.

Is there a problem?
All the external links on AO go via Viglinks. You've probably got an overly sensitive security setup on your machine. I believe Viglinks can be turned off by visiting this page; VigLink - Opt-Out

·
Registered
15,172 Posts
Ooooh ....

something strange has just happened ..... :confused:

Just gone to the quick links ( IM inbox) to see if an IM has been recieved and when the window opened it showed an advertisement ... this has happened twice this am .... :eek:

Just says Alfa Owner Advertisement ... :eek:
That sounds like a caching problem, possibly due to the slow speed that AO appears to be running at the moment.
Did you do a screen capture?

·
Registered
15,172 Posts

Is there a problem?
All the external links on AO go via Viglinks. You've probably got an overly sensitive security setup on your machine. I believe Viglinks can be turned off by visiting this page; VigLink - Opt-Out
Looks like a recent MS security update has triggered this as it's not just us; getting a new Microsoft warning message on links this AM - AVS Forum

It's not something that you need to worry about; Google Safe Browsing diagnostic page for api.viglink.com

J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
That sounds like a caching problem, possibly due to the slow speed that AO appears to be running at the moment.
Did you do a screen capture?

No as at work ... :lol:

At first i thought I'd imagined it then happened again but with a diff style advert.

The first said I was the 9999 th person to visit AO ... thought I'd won something ... :lol: :p

the second just said it was an advert for AO ... :confused:

J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Just happened again after refreshing the page...

Now I've or could have won an I phone .... :( the ad was there then suddenly went as was about to do a screen shot .. hope this helps .. :)

J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Doesn't seem much point in elaborating this issue any more ....

1 - 13 of 13 Posts