Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Need to do an oil change and just don't have the time to do it myself. Has anyone used Advance Pitstop (I live round the corner from the Loughlinstown branch so this would be very handy)? I want to be able to specify the oil, am I better off buying it and bringing it with me? Any idea of cost?

Wow, that's a lot of questions for one post!

·
Registered
5,179 Posts
Haven't used them but I am sure you are better off bringing the oil you want with you - its unlikely they would have any selenia stuff for instance.

·
Registered
2,987 Posts
if you'd be willing to take care of the disposal of the old oil yourself, I'll do the change for ya

·
Registered
118 Posts
a jack, maybe a set of axel stands, an old paint bucket or somethin is somethin I'd advise.. You can get a a plug key for the sump your oil and oil filter from your local motor factors. A pipe grips and your away in a hack. Get some kind of Lubricant to put around the threads of the new oil filter so its easyer to get off next time.. some good advise there. Cheapish these days too.

M

·
0 Posts
Avoid them like the plague they are untrained mechanics as this means THEY DONT KNOW WHAT THEY ARE LOOKING AT as I have seen enough issues with tyres and tracking from them and that is apparently their SPECIALITY always use a mechanic as there are too many untrained folk who dont know cars and there is a reason it takes 4 years training...

D

·
0 Posts
Yep, having to get the work van tyres off them they are blithering idiots and pure hachets too. One of the lads I went to school with works there and he genuinely is a thick as two planks. He thinks all BMW's are V6's what a ***. A complete mong. And when they do tyres they check all the oil and lights pretending to be doing the customer a favour when they are not. And they use all spurious parts also according to the monkey I know that works there.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts